1. Love: going to a U2 show

Hate: how expensive is has gotten. But I understand that a tour like that costs a lot of money.
  2. Well, I am confident I'm not hearing things but I'll entertain you anyway Just triple-checked all three copies I have of Achtung Baby, listening directly to the CD each time and that distracting noise is present on all.
  3. Originally posted by iTim:[..]
    Well, I am confident I'm not hearing things but I'll entertain you anyway Just triple-checked all three copies I have of Achtung Baby, listening directly to the CD each time and that distracting noise is present on all.
    Is it some sort of humming noise?
  4. Love: Larry saying "oh shit" at the beginning of TUF in the album
    Hate: Some great songs are relegated to B-sides while really weak songs stay on the album (4th of July instead of Love Comes Tumbling, are you kidding me?)
  5. Love: The guitar part Edge used to do during the "All I want is yooooouuuuuuhohoooo, all I want is youuuuuuuuuuhohouu" climax of that song on the Lovetown tour

Hate: That he hasn't played it that way since.
  6. Love: That Vertigo's guitar and bass is played in opposite ears.

Hate: Bono's looooooooong speeches on the Vertigo tour.
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Love: Larry saying "oh shit" at the beginning of TUF in the album
    Hate: Some great songs are relegated to B-sides while really weak songs stay on the album (4th of July instead of Love Comes Tumbling, are you kidding me?)
    I have to say I think the opposite regarding 4th of July. That song to me totally suits that album and helps make it what it is. If it was an album void of atmospheric songs and just had pop tunes (like Love Comes Tumbling) it wouldn't be the same. I LOVE 4th of July.

To each his own, though!
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I have to say I think the opposite regarding 4th of July. That song to me totally suits that album and helps make it what it is. If it was an album void of atmospheric songs and just had pop tunes (like Love Comes Tumbling) it wouldn't be the same. I LOVE 4th of July.

To each his own, though!
    Why not both? The album had only 10 songs, you can fit 1 or 2 more.
  9. I'm not sure I'd call Love Comes Tumbling a pop tune, as it's a pretty odd duck of a song, but I agree that 4th of July and Love Comes Tumbling should have both been on the album, and given how short several of TUF songs are (4th of July, Promenade, MLK, some of the b-sides) the album could've easily been 12 or 13, even 14, tracks long without feeling bloated.
  10. I guess I never thought of both being on there, but maybe they tried it and it just never meshed well, who knows.
  11. Love: Bono calling larry "Lardence"

Hate: Boom cha boom cha from discoteque
  12. Love: The long intro of Streets (Joshua Tree Tour/Zoo TV Tour)
    Hate: Bono talking during the intro of Streets