1. I told you would get the hang of it
  2. As much as I love torrents, I hate ratios with my current connection.

Decently fast down, but ultra slow up I don't think I've ever seen a torrent upload go at more than 55ishKBp/s

And that's the fastest available here.
  3. Originally posted by wyn525i:As much as I love torrents, I hate ratios with my current connection.
    [image]
    Decently fast down, but ultra slow up I don't think I've ever seen a torrent upload go at more than 55ishKBp/s

And that's the fastest available here.

I would speak to your ISP. If you have a throughput download of 16mb you should be doing better with upload. Try and post your speeds from your router if you know how.
  4. If you're downloading at 16MB per second, your max upload speeds should be around the 1'5-2'5 MB/sec.... 0'5 is ridiculous. As Gerard said, contact your ISP provider and ask them if everything's fine (which I doubt).
  5. Nothing wrong with that. Its the nature of an ADSL connection. You might be able to improve your upload by checking the cables.

Try to get your modem closer to your phone entry point in your house, use a short cable. Thats one of the few things you can do

Sergio it's 16 Mbit = 1.6 MB/s roughly and he uploads with around 50 KB/s.
  6. Yes, I know, his upload speed should be around 1'5, or 2 at max... But 0'5 is not right!
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

I would speak to your ISP. If you have a throughput download of 16mb you should be doing better with upload. Try and post your speeds from your router if you know how.

The ISPs in the US are a lot different than you're ultra-fast northern Europe connections.

That's pretty much a standard upload for anyone who has Time Warner Cable in the US.

I actually used to work for the cable company, so I know there is nothing wrong with my connection/cables/distance from router. The only way around here to get a faster upload speed is to subscribe to a business connection, then the upload is many times faster.

8. Yep, ratio's don't work for everyone That's a thing we hate here as well.
  9. I totally understand the reasons for ratios, but personally, I don't like leaving my computer on all night just to keep a decent ratio. But it's a small price to pay for great stuff.

I remember the time when Napster was brand new and I was DLing a song at 10kbp/s and was l damn, this is flying!

Edit: Here's someone from a few hundred miles away, with the same package/connection:

Just an example of Time Warner's awesome uploads, haha.
  10. Originally posted by wyn525i:I totally understand the reasons for ratios, but personally, I don't like leaving my computer on all night just to keep a decent ratio. But it's a small price to pay for great stuff.

I remember the time when Napster was brand new and I was DLing a song at 10kbp/s and was l damn, this is flying!

Haha those were the times! I remember being so happy downloading with 100 kb/sec, and I now can download with 100 Mbit/sec, which is extreme.

We're thinking of ways to make it more fair without making it too complicated (don't wanna go down the road of points for all kinds of stuff etc.). But that might take some time before we come up with something that works for everyone But on the other hand every show is easily available on the show pages as well
  11. Download freeleech stuff.