1. i never liked the cover, but sine of the songs were great...took me a while to love origin of the species and so on!!
  2. Happy birthday HTDAAB!
  3. This is second on my personal ranking of U2 albums. Start throwing stones.
  4. i liked A MAN AND A WOMAN on this album, plus its one of Adams favs
  5. I always thought the weakest part of this album was it's track order. It's weirdly imbalanced to me. Something like this might work better:

City Of Blinding Lights
    Vertigo
    Crumbs From Your Table
    Miracle Drug
    Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
    A Man And A Woman
    Love And Peace Or Else
    All Because Of You
    Original Of The Species
    One Step Closer
    Yahweh
  6. Happy birthday to this album that is massively underrated, but not completely neglected like Pop.

Personally, I think people's negative opinions on the album stem from the fact the band have taken two songs from the album and turned them into setlist staples. I think the album would rank a lot higher on peoples' lists if they had taken more songs past the Vertigo Tour.
  7. for me too much underrated-----there are supersongs not played or played not frequently. But they are great songs........yahweh, original of the species etc etc
  8. There are three things you should never get to good at:
    Like smiling, crying, and singing at U2 concerts!

Great album, not their best effort but chock full of gems and awesome guitar riffs.

Besides, if Adam's picking - R&H, HTDAAB, and NLOTH would be his top 3 albums - each contain one of his fav's!
  9. I listened to some of it today. It still sounds very good. I love how emotional it is despite the very political title. I also felt that Love And Peace Or Else would be so fitting on tour now as part of the Experience section.
  10. I loved the album instantly and I still give it a regular spin in my car. We had Original Of The Species played during our wedding ceremony...I think that says it all
  11. For me it's overrated. I still don't like it - their worst album. One excellent song (LAPOE), three good songs (Vertigo, ABOY, Fast Cars) - the rest is meh to me. But it's just my opinion