1. I don't mind Crazy, Boots and SUC. But they don't fit the album for me.

If Winter and Mercy/North Star were in their place then the album would have been even better than the real thing.
  2. Originally posted by robotsandmonkeys:NLOTH is a record I've grown to like quite a bit - a BIG part of that was just creating my own version of the album that reflects what potential it had...if the band kept their nerve and a consistent vision...in other words made the entire thing with Eno and Lanois.

1. Soon
    2. NLOTH
    3. Magnificent
    4. Unknown Caller
    5. Fez-Being Born
    6. White as Snow
    7. Winter
    8. Breathe
    9. Cedars of Lebanon

This album? It's FANTASTIC.

thousand of people - thousand of opinions

I would put out WAS and Winter... But I'm glad (and we are probably minority here) you didn't include MOS - I'm not fan of that song.

Mine NLOTH would be:

1. Soon
    2. Fez-Being Born
    3. NLOTH
    4. Magnificent
    5. Breathe
    6. Mercy (demo or live version - both are good)
    7. Unknown caller
    8. Every Breaking Wave - (it was ready at the time of NLOTH, but put out in last minute-some heard it on press listening sessions)
    9. Stand Up Comedy
    10. Cedars Of Lebanon
  3. Average album. Great songs from this period are Breathe, Soon and Winter (amazing track)
  4. Not alot of love for MOS.....
  5. I do like most of NLOTH, unfortenately Crazy and Boots are on it. Boots is about the worst songs of U2 ever.
  6. Love Macnificent, the band did not play that last years.
    Hope it's up for next tour.
  7. MOS is the standout track from this album. Only song that doesn't fit on the album is Boots. Magnificent was played 2 years ago in Amsterdam and i was there :-)
  8. Since JT30 finished i've been listening to other albums and NLOTH has stood out to me as a great album 2nd time around.
    Didn't like MOS but now its one of my favorites alongside Standup Comedy.
    But still don't like Boots thou', its the sexy boots bit!, and the mish mash of lyrically themes, the 'Let me in the sound' should have been its own track.
  9. Originally posted by mezzamorphis:MOS is the standout track from this album. Only song that doesn't fit on the album is Boots. Magnificent was played 2 years ago in Amsterdam and i was there :-)
    +1
  10. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]

thousand of people - thousand of opinions

I would put out WAS and Winter... But I'm glad (and we are probably minority here) you didn't include MOS - I'm not fan of that song.

Mine NLOTH would be:

1. Soon
    2. Fez-Being Born
    3. NLOTH
    4. Magnificent
    5. Breathe
    6. Mercy (demo or live version - both are good)
    7. Unknown caller
    8. Every Breaking Wave - (it was ready at the time of NLOTH, but put out in last minute-some heard it on press listening sessions)
    9. Stand Up Comedy
    10. Cedars Of Lebanon
    Soon works great as an opener.
  11. I really like No Line On The Horizon, but I must confess that I've always favored the "linear" track list:

Unknown Caller
    Breathe
    Winter
    White As Snow
    No Line On The Horizon
    Fez – Being Born
    Magnificent
    Stand Up Comedy
    Get On Your Boots
    Moment Of Surrender
    Cedars Of Lebanon

For me there are no bad songs and I am a big fan of Moment Of Surrender, but also Unknown Caller, Winter and
    White As Snow are amongst my favorites.
    I like these more literary songs, where Bono almost sings as if he were a musical actor.
    Very poetic
  12. Whoops! Leaving MOS out was actually an oversight on my end...really like MOS...has an experimental, expansive vibe that is really unlike any U2 song since tracks on Unforgettable Fire...edit made...THIS is my home-made version of the album I listen to and enjoy quite a bit:

1. Soon
    2. NLOTH
    3. Magnificent
    4. Moment of Surrender
    5. Unknown Caller
    6. Fez-Being Born
    7. White as Snow
    8. Winter
    9. Breathe
    10. Cedars of Lebanon