1. Harmonica is harder than it seems, Drew. Moreover, harmonicas are perse-tuned, so you won't be able to play a song in the key of B if your harmonica is tuned in, let's say, F. It's harder than most people think. And Bono does it pretty well.

Like A Song is, (besides personal considerations ), a funny song to play along. It can be played comfortably in plenty of keys (the original Em, in Am has no difficulty, Bm and Dm sound very good also). It's a great song, one of the forgotten great oldies.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:Harmonica is harder than it seems, Drew. Moreover, harmonicas are perse-tuned, so you won't be able to play a song in the key of B if your harmonica is tuned in, let's say, F. It's harder than most people think. And Bono does it pretty well.

Like A Song is, (besides personal considerations ), a funny song to play along. It can be played comfortably in plenty of keys (the original Em, in Am has no difficulty, Bm and Dm sound very good also). It's a great song, one of the forgotten great oldies.

It's not an easy instrument to work with. It's not like any other instrument where you can tune it (easily, anyway) and give it a slightly different tone or whatnot. I really should try taking up guitar one day. From what I can see, it's surely not difficult to get the basics right and then slowly progress to something better and more difficult.

Bono plays it very well. The original inspiration for the harmonica for me was either Peter Green or Steven Tyler.

3. Probably a bit strained But I didn't feel like a murdered the song But that's not exactly the ideal U2 song for me to sing.

Now I feel like singing Your Blue Room That's probably the U2 song that fits my voice he best.
  4. All I Want is You is my song of the week, might upload it to youtube
  5. This acoustic session was just finished with A Hard Day's Night
  6. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:[..]

Probably a bit strained But I didn't feel like a murdered the song But that's not exactly the ideal U2 song for me to sing.

Now I feel like singing Your Blue Room That's probably the U2 song that fits my voice he best.

You can pretty much talk YBR right through.
  7. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:Probably a bit strained But I didn't feel like a murdered the song But that's not exactly the ideal U2 song for me to sing.

Tune it down to Am. Sounds great anyway, but much easier to sing if you're not used to high tones
  8. Now doing Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of... acoustic Please don't ban me
  9. This morning saw me playing Party Girl on my Epiphone Les Paul, then translating it to piano, love that song!!!
  10. Party Girl on a Les Paul, wtf