1. Good luck man
  2. Originally posted by Release3:When a crowd is into it to that extent, I think U2 is at their best. They feed of the crowd so much. For instance, my Dad went to see U2 in Phoenix in 2009 and he said it was easily the worst concert he'd ever been to. He said U2 played well, and Bono's voice was fine, but he said the crowd was so awful. They barely stood up, didn't sing along with warhorses like Still Haven't Found. He also said there were numerous people sitting during Streets and the place wasn't jumping up and down, singing, etc. Because of that he said it seemed like U2 just kind of rushed through the songs just to leave (Can't blame them) So I hope they film in a city that is basically insane (New York, Dublin, Spain, anywhere south of the US lol)

That's AMSTERDAM !!
  3. Bump. Now that the tour has started.

What's everyone's thoughts? Will we get a European DVD this tour? Or another one from America? It is "an idea" after all....
  4. Pretty sure I read on here that someone heard that the DVD was gonna be filmed in Paris.
  5. Yeah, apparently someone from the crew told a guy. Still a rumor.
  6. to brazil, mexico is north america and not south america, so, the dvd should be recorded here in brazil or argentina, the first south american dvd
  7. I'm thinking multi-city, London or New York.

As much as the Paris rumor is floating around, I feel like U2 doesn't like to use the same place more than once for a DVD/video release (JT '87 show).
  8. I really wanted a dvd from this residence on the MSG, mixing the 8 concerts
  9. U2 is also relying on EMC to archive the HD video streams from each of the 28 cameras they use during the show. While bands used to make money selling albums and used tours to promote album sales, monetizing concerts and merchandise is becoming more important for musicians in today's increasingly digital world.

Artists are going on the road to sell merchandise and bring in sales in other ways. By capturing and saving the footage from each of the 28 cameras during each concert on the tour, the band can later decide how to monetize those archives by, for example, releasing videos from the entire tour, not just one night

The most innovative part of U2's tour is something the audience never sees
  10. Originally posted by iTim:U2 is also relying on EMC to archive the HD video streams from each of the 28 cameras they use during the show. While bands used to make money selling albums and used tours to promote album sales, monetizing concerts and merchandise is becoming more important for musicians in today's increasingly digital world.

Artists are going on the road to sell merchandise and bring in sales in other ways. By capturing and saving the footage from each of the 28 cameras during each concert on the tour, the band can later decide how to monetize those archives by, for example, releasing videos from the entire tour, not just one night

The most innovative part of U2's tour is something the audience never sees
    To me this was the most interesting part of the article:

If U2 wants to change the setlist from night to night — or switch up songs the morning of a concert, which often happens — its team can update the visuals and deliver them to the screens in a timely manner.
  11. Wow really interesting! I'm going to have save this one to read a bit later.
  12. So Paris it seems! Documentary on the 7th of Nov and a film from the 13th.

Hamish Hamilton will be back to direct it.