2015-11-28 - Dublin
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 28
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. So... U2start goes to Dublin?
  2. The 3Arena is totally unfit for purpose. They would have to leave the whole travelling show behind and just get on the stage and play. Nice thought, but then why even bother with an arena in the first place if you're going to ditch all the trimmings? Play a stadium, or just awkwardly plonk the I+E stage in the middle of a field.

Imagine them in the 3Arena. I can't even picture Bono without a B stage any more.
  3. Originally posted by Ross1441:The 3Arena is totally unfit for purpose. They would have to leave the whole travelling show behind and just get on the stage and play. Nice thought, but then why even bother with an arena in the first place if you're going to ditch all the trimmings? Play a stadium, or just awkwardly plonk the I+E stage in the middle of a field.

Imagine them in the 3Arena. I can't even picture Bono without a B stage any more.
    They want to play Dublin this year and you can't play stadiums in December.
  4. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    But then this is the Irish Mirror.. I would it find highly surprising if there would be a support act for these gigs.
    I think there will be more than one support act. If these aren't going to be standard your shows then I would almost guarantee traditional supporting acts and a few guest spots.
  5. The Mirror never fills me up with hope. Don't really see the point in this article at all, just using unsubstantiated rumours again.

I can't see Dublin happening at the end of the year for many reasons. Croke or Aviva next Summer.
  6. Well of course, but really, what options do they have for playing Dublin this year? They've got very little unbooked time left in 2015, and nowhere to accommodate them. It's not happening. 2016.
  7. Originally posted by Ross1441:[..]
    Well of course, but really, what options do they have for playing Dublin this year? They've got very little unbooked time left in 2015, and nowhere to accommodate them. It's not happening. 2016.
    It will happen in the 3arena around Christmas. The shows won't be part of the tour.
  8. I gotta agree with you here. They'll work around it and do something extra special for the hometown crowd... Maybe they'll tie in Bono's annual busk as the theme and do a more stripped down show...
  9. Originally posted by Ross1441:The 3Arena is totally unfit for purpose. They would have to leave the whole travelling show behind and just get on the stage and play. Nice thought, but then why even bother with an arena in the first place if you're going to ditch all the trimmings? Play a stadium, or just awkwardly plonk the I+E stage in the middle of a field.

Bono got around the Roxy stage pretty well.

@blueeyedboy that's exactly their intention, or so we were told a few months ago: do something Xmas-ish, at the Point instead of Grafton Street
  10. Heard from two reliable sources that shows will be first week in December. No idea when they will be released though!!!