1. What would the shows looked like if they had been a whole 1st night innocence and 2nd night experience.

Again, this is assuming that the first night has been reduced what to now is the first half, and the same happened to the second night = second half.
    (This would fit also with the concept of having 2 different feels about each night, since there's a different feeling about each half).

I'd say that people would've get really pissed if they went to the "wrong" show, whichever it is.
    Given the choice I'd take the first night.
  2. I wish they had taken this route, screw the "wrong show" and the casuals. Nobody regrets attending the "wrong show" when Springsteen does a show full of rarities, all newer songs, or plays a full album, right?

Anyway, we might as well keep all IE-setlist-oriented discussions centralized on the Setlist for new tour (possible spoilers) thread. Some of us already did a "N1=innocence / N2=experience" approach a few months back there, which is obviously outdated since no rehearsals or setlists were known by then, but still:

Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

My take on that "innocence albums vs experience albums" would be something like this:

Innocence Night
    (featuring songs mainy from their innocent albums - aka NLOTH, Rattle & Hum, The Joshua Tree, TUF, October and Boy)

01 - California (There Is No End To Love)
    02 - Out Of Control
    03 - In God's Country
    04 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
    05 - Volcano
    06 - Rejoice
    07 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
    08 - All I Want Is You
    09 - Song For Someone
    10 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    11 - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
    12 - Cedarwood Road
    13 - A Sort Of Homecoming
    14 - Drowning Man
    15 - The Troubles
    16 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
    17 - The Crystal Ballroom

18 - Ordinary Love
    19 - Magnificent
    20 - Invisible
    21 - Where The Streets Have No Name

22 - The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
    23 - I Will Follow
    24 - ''40''

Experience Night
    (featuring songs mainly from their "experienced albums" - aka HTDAAB, ATYCLB, Pop, Zooropa, Achtung Baby and War)

01 - This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
    02 - Cedarwood Road
    03 - The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    04 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
    05 - The Crystal Ballroom
    06 - A Man And A Woman
    07 - Dirty Day >
    08 - Sunday Bloody Sunday >
    09 - Like A Song
    10 - When I Look At The World
    11 - Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    12 - Bad
    13 - Where The Streets Have No Name
    14 - Iris (Hold Me Close)
    15 - Kite

16 - Sleep Like A Baby Tonight
    17 - Twilight
    18 - If You Wear That Velvet Dress
    19 - Original Of The Species
    20 - One / Hear Me Coming Lord (snippet) / Unchained Melody (snippet)

21 - Every Breaking Wave
    22 - Please
    23 - Raised By Wolves
    24 - Love Is Blindness

Let's keep it there then
  3. Amazing setlist, I woould love to be really this haha

4. Sorry, I shouldn't have posted the setlists. I've already edited the post.

My point was not creating alternative setlists or what could they play, I expressed myself poorly in the opening post.
    Here's another try:

*Imagine that they've had actually played 2 "different" shows.

*The first night (iNNOCENCE) most likely would've been an extended version of what we now know as the first half, which is:
    -old school rockers, played just like they played them when they started. Songs with no samples, nothing but the 4 guys up in the stage.
    -Most of the new material.
    -Centered on the Sunday Bloody Sunday-Raised By Wolves-Until The End Of The World narrative.

*The second night (eXPERIENCE) accordingly would've been an extended version of the second half, which is:
    -Happy songs, party songs, electric songs
    -Acoustic material.
    -Centered on the Every Braking Wave-Bullet The Blue Sky-Pride narrative.

Would you think one would've been better than the other? do you think it would've been frustrating attending to the wrong show?

Originally posted by LikeASong:I wish they had taken this route, screw the "wrong show" and the casuals. Nobody regrets attending the "wrong show" when Springsteen does a show full of rarities, all newer songs, or plays a full album, right?
    I know of many "die-hards" who would've been pissed if they got the first night show with half of it being Songs Of Innocence material and no chance of stuff from pop or the likes of it... and many who would've been pissed if they got the second night with barely anything new.

And I don't know too much about Springsteen fandom, but I don't think it would work like that for U2 fans... imagine a crowd like yesterday's at LA listening to a show like that. A huge majority of U2 fanbase is full of casuals (or at least not die-hards), and among the "die-hards" there's a huge part of them that don't care or plainly dislike the new stuff ("new" being anything from SoI or even from anything "millenium").
    Not to mention that outside Springsteen, Pearl Jam and maybe some other big act, nobody really rotates that many songs from one show to another. It's not like U2 is in the bottom side of it.

I think it was a good solution merging both shows in one single night.
  5. Springsteen plays for almost 4 hours (In Helsinki in 2012 - I was there) he came out early and did a 30 min acoustic set for the pit (the main doors weren't open yet) then did 4 houes & 6 mins with The E Street Band !! He finishes with a greatest hits mini set of 8 or 9 songs and that's all the casuals remember the next day !!
  6. This Tour was annoucced as two differend shows. No diehards only have tickets for one show. I am very dissapointed U2 didnt have the balls to go though with the concept.
  7. please new years day needs to be in there somewhere
  8. I was just about to post multiple setlists...but I can't resist a preview of what I had in mind:

3 shows in each city: 1 in a stadium, 2 in arenas

Show 1 (Hits in a large stadium similar to 360)

Show 2:
    Part 1:
    Joshua Tree in full (55-65 min accounting for minor breaks/talking)
    Part 2:
    Achtung Baby in full (60-65 min accounting for minor breaks/talking)
    Encore:
    rotating 5 songs...playing maybe 2-3 each show

Show 3:

Focus on 6-8 SOI/SOE songs, and 14-16 from 1997-2009.

Now that would be 3 different shows, and probably too difficult for the boys to pull off, but a dreamer can dream, right?
  9. A dreamer can dream, but don't see why it can't happen. Devote one night to one album in particular as well as SoI. I.e Night 1 - Majority of songs from Joshua Tree, while performing some from Achtung Baby and other classics (Beautiful Day, Bad, etc.) Night 2- Majority of songs from Achtung Baby, while performing some from The Joshua Tree and other classics.

If that makes any sense
  10. Originally posted by pleasegone:I was just about to post multiple setlists...but I can't resist a preview of what I had in mind:

3 shows in each city: 1 in a stadium, 2 in arenas

Show 1 (Hits in a large stadium similar to 360)

Show 2:
    Part 1:
    Joshua Tree in full (55-65 min accounting for minor breaks/talking)
    Part 2:
    Achtung Baby in full (60-65 min accounting for minor breaks/talking)
    Encore:
    rotating 5 songs...playing maybe 2-3 each show

Show 3:

Focus on 6-8 SOI/SOE songs, and 14-16 from 1997-2009.

Now that would be 3 different shows, and probably too difficult for the boys to pull off, but a dreamer can dream, right?
    bon jovi used to devote nights to just 1 album all the time so yeah u2 should be able to
  11. Yeah but the thing is there'd always be some fans bitching that these rare songs (11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, One Step Closer) are being performed
  12. Originally posted by DMMacdonald:[..]
    Yeah but the thing is there'd always be some fans bitching that these rare songs (11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, One Step Closer) are being performed
    yeah but 1 thinh i think all fans wanna hear this tour would be new years day, well atleast me