1. Originally posted by marik:1) you can tell from where Bono's eyes are looking, that he isn't the one playing piano. He doesnt look down, not even for a second. and you can see that his arms arent moving at all. and they would if he was playing piano. Furthermore, you can outright hear him address the piano player at 3:23 saying "and again" for another round of bars.

2) i doubt it is Edge playing piano. otherwise, he would have filled in with backing harmonies, or otherwise be addressed by Bono
    As for 1) That's what gave it away, the "and again". He'd only do that if there's another player.

And 2) Who else would it be then in these times of social distancing? And I think I can hear Edge singing a slight 2nd voice near the end as well
  2. I thought he was looking down quite a lot, that’s the reason I think it was Bono playing the piano. Actually just been looking again and it’s more like he’s looking down towards the phone rather than towards another object ie a piano. I don’t think edge would be playing though or he would have been in the video too, must be a family member or close friend that’s playing it.
  3. But there is a slight 2nd singing voice near the end, isn't that Edge?
  4. I feel like you can see a reflection of perhaps a lyric sheet in his glasses when he looks down.
  5. If it’s Edge why don’t we see him? I think it might be someone else who plays the piano. I am not sure if I heard another voice. Does Eli plays piano?
  6. Originally posted by Orentelori:If it’s Edge why don’t we see him? I think it might be someone else who plays the piano. I am not sure if I heard another voice. Does Eli plays piano?
    Well Edge said to Bono on being woken up with a camera during the day in the life of the edge documentary "hey man, you wanna be on tv, I don't need to be on tv" Or the news he said, He doesn't want to be on camera as much I guess
  7. I think we're putting a lot of thought into this mysterious piano guy.
  8. Openly admit that I've just bawled my eyes out at this song, though I guess I'm pretty tearful anyway at the minute with current events. Such a pure and hauntingly beautiful melody, vocal and lyrics. Be well all and stay positive.
  9. I love this song anyway. Thank you Bono for this. It helps us to stay together as ONE!
  10. I just gave it a listen. A bit simple but in a good way, definitely from the heart. Lovely to hear anything from the boys, and this little number certainly beats their last release... honestly hoping this one sticks around and the band works it up to a whole song. The lyric is there, and it seems like it might be a nice “breather” track between some more heavy and/or faster tracks — a kind of track 8 or 9 kind of song, before the run of closing songs...
  11. Piano man is Terry Lawless in the underworld.