1. Originally posted by kezman:Just a quick question for the experts on here-
    is there a reason the Bonaroo show hasnt appeared for download?
    Copyright issue?
    I've heard the show was recorded by several people. They don't want to share it here or any other sites. Suggestion, there are some you tube videos of that show, you can try and extract the sound from that (if it's a good quality)
  2. Thanks to user Bender, I have updated the audio tab for 1981-02-10 Brussels, Beursschouwburg/Théâtre de la Bourse with flacs of the "original" RTBF "Rock Follies" broadcast.

I also added the mp3's I made from the 2017 MELODY TV broadcast that Julien captured and shared on u2torrents - think that's OK since the audio had always been lossy. But quality wise it is surely the best option
  3. GENERAL MAINTANCE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Currently some 2005 Vertigo shows are being updated with info files, new download links and/or new sources.
    I'm not gonna address all of them: just keep an eye on the U2start front page

[end of announcement]
  4. Great work... find it very annoying when a recording is only labeled as "Audience Microphone"

5. Slowly, but steady we're getting there...
  6. Originally posted by BigGiRL:GENERAL MAINTANCE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Currently some 2005 Vertigo shows are being updated with info files, new download links and/or new sources.
    I'm not gonna address all of them: just keep an eye on the U2start front page

[end of announcement]
    A few remarks though...

The 2005-04-14 Glendale AZ (aka "Phoenix AZ") show page / audio tab always had two different sources in one entry: the "mediafire" download files contained the 4-star Edgar source, while the "mega" links had the 3.5 star "S.N." recording (aka "unknown recording").
    - I made a new entry for the Edgar source with lossless flac files and fresh (& gapless) mp3's

The brilliant 2005-05-12 Chicago IL - United Center 4 show has only one known source for audio: the evenly brilliant recording by JustAGirl - nevermind the guy that keeps yelling "I Love You Bono-oooh..."

This recording was also used by Godfatherecords for their silver pressed bootleg "Coexist." It is consitently louder in the mix and has a slightly different EQ balance. I guess it is a matter of taste which one you like best.

Both sources are now availlable in lossless flac (and mp3's only for the Godfatherecords bootleg).
  7. I would like to make a comment to those who spend all the time and effort into this audio/visual archive website. From experience I know what a lot of hard work it has been to catalogue and archive my own recordings of U2 let alone many other bands too. To think that these can now be accessed here by the world is terrific.

Does anyone here remember the days when we would make contact with people all over the world to obtain recordings through trading cassettes? Very old school.
  8. yeah, i started in 1989 to swap audio tapes and VHS all over the world... Much much time and money to collect my 1300 audio tapes and 550 VHS until 2005... and the same for recording myself U2 concerts (and others) and put onto CDRs since 1997 U2 concerts from audio tapes...
    some (or many, it depends...) are on u2start...
  9. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:I would like to make a comment to those who spend all the time and effort into this audio/visual archive website. From experience I know what a lot of hard work it has been to catalogue and archive my own recordings of U2 let alone many other bands too. To think that these can now be accessed here by the world is terrific.

Does anyone here remember the days when we would make contact with people all over the world to obtain recordings through trading cassettes? Very old school.
    I just remember taping radio/TV broadcasts to cassettes/VHS and then trading CDs and DVDs (and sometimes buying those in some music shops - still have some nice digipacks of bootlegs
  10. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:I would like to make a comment to those who spend all the time and effort into this audio/visual archive website. From experience I know what a lot of hard work it has been to catalogue and archive my own recordings of U2 let alone many other bands too. To think that these can now be accessed here by the world is terrific[..]
    Thanks! This archiving is of course the best non-paid job in the world

Kuddos also to LosslessJoel who has been a great help "behind the screen" the last past months