1. Originally posted by SvenR:[..]

any other bootlegs around? This one is already fantastic , but i'm not a fan of the ticking sounds
    Incredible versions of Bad and Beautiful Day, especially the snippets in those songs
    If you're not a fan of the "ticking sounds" (it's actually the metronome the band listens to in their ear-monitors to keep rhythm and tempo) then go for audience recordings and avoid IEM recordings
  2. And no, I don't think there is a circulating aud recording. I looked when I did the mix but only had the iem feeds to work with.
  3. Originally posted by SvenR:[..]

any other bootlegs around? This one is already fantastic , but i'm not a fan of the ticking sounds
    Incredible versions of Bad and Beautiful Day, especially the snippets in those songs
    Well, believe it or not, there is in fact one "audience source." It is a lossy audio rip from Datfly's video/dvd recording.

I remember that, back in the days, and before the iem matrix showed up, we had these mp3's to relive the show by.
    It's certainly not brilliant and it is missing the into and COBL. Vertigo is "joined in progress."

I added it to the show page / audio tab - if only for archival purposes

https://u2start.com/shows/1394/#!audio

4. when I downloaded this, the file claimed it was 1980-10-30

no biggie, just an FYI,

thanks for all the greats downloads
  5. Originally posted by cleazer:[..]

when I downloaded this, the file claimed it was 1980-10-30

no biggie, just an FYI,

thanks for all the greats downloads
    Thanks! Well spotted

I've corrected the misguiding files

Cheers!
  6. two shows same day same venue, one early one late, one show with audio. Having had personal experience of that uploaders files there is no guarantee what he's uploaded is actually what it says he very frequently mislabels files possibly due to the astronomic amounts he uploads and the fact that by his own admission he isn't a fan of a lot of the artists he uploads so you are better off downloading it here.
  7. It is here, actually: https://u2start.com/shows/1439/#!audio

However, I personally believe that all recordings are from the 2nd show (and not of the first, as our database suggests).

I think that because at the beginning of the show Bono says: "Once again, Washington is the first night of our tour..." I can imagine Bono starting the first show saying something like "This is the first night of our tour" - Anyway, I think it would have been odd to say "once again" when it is actually the first time you say it...
  8. Just a quick question for the experts on here-
    is there a reason the Bonaroo show hasnt appeared for download?
    Copyright issue?
  9. Originally posted by kezman:Just a quick question for the experts on here-
    is there a reason the Bonaroo show hasnt appeared for download?
    Copyright issue?
    No, I don't think there ever surfaced a (decent) recording - if you happen have one, please share

I have "logged" a mixlr steam for archival purposes.

If only to "prove" that Bono sang: "When I was all f***ed up, I heard Oprah opera in my head..." during UV...

10. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    It is here, actually: https://u2start.com/shows/1439/#!audio

However, I personally believe that all recordings are from the 2nd show (and not of the first, as our database suggests).

I think that because at the beginning of the show Bono says: "Once again, Washington is the first night of our tour..." I can imagine Bono starting the first show saying something like "This is the first night of our tour" - Anyway, I think it would have been odd to say "once again" when it is actually the first time you say it...
    I have to correct myself: before "Out Of Control" starts, Bono says: "...but we're doing another show later on..."

That seems to rebut my earlier argument

Anyway, I've uploaded the 1981-03-03 (1) Washington DC Godfather "Born On The Bayou" bootleg - both in flac & mp3.

It also contains an excellent recording of the 1981-05-09 Memphis TN show. So far it has been thought to be an extremely good audience recording, but because of a) the quality, and b) the typical FM "signature" at 15.5 kHz makes me believe it is actually a broadcast

But I have been wrong earlier today...
  11. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Well, believe it or not, there is in fact one "audience source." It is a lossy audio rip from Datfly's video/dvd recording.

I remember that, back in the days, and before the iem matrix showed up, we had these mp3's to relive the show by.
    It's certainly not brilliant and it is missing the into and COBL. Vertigo is "joined in progress."

I added it to the show page / audio tab - if only for archival purposes

https://u2start.com/shows/1394/#!audio
    Thanks for the fast answers.
    I know the tickings are part of IEM-recordings (sometimes even the countings) but I hoped there was even a better or equally good recording/matrix floating around without the tickings
    I'm always trying to find the best possible recordings of the live-versions of songs I like the most. And both BD and Bad from this show are some of my favourite versions.