1. There is a recording of 2018-05-28 - Atlanta on dime, for those who can download it.
  2. It'll be up here in the course of the day.
  3. Right. Well, not only "Atlanta" is up - I notice a lot of people say the gig took place in Duluth GA ...just sayin' ... - but there is also a very special recording up from Nashville made by Bishop.

But first let's start with Duluth GA - aka 2018-05-28 Atlanta GA. This is an ...eh..."advanced" cellphone recording using a Tascam iM2 microphone.
    You can simply attach this device to your iPhone - or iPod - and record. So technically this is a pair of external (condenser) microphones. According to the description, the mics "are adjustable over 180 degrees for the best sound placement."
    Tascam claims that the microphones are the same as in their DR series, and have built-in pre-amp and limiter. So potentially this sounds like a sweet recording device which is probably not so hard to get in.

However, listening to the recording I'm not really hearing much depth and warmth. In fact it is a rather distant and thin sound. I'm not sure how much of this sound is due to the Tascam limiter, but I had expect a little more out of the iM2. Perhaps it was location or the alignment of the microphones, I don't know, but 3 stars for this recording is just as much as I can give (nevermind the low volume anyway).

Then, as I said, the Nashville recording is special. This because Bishop shared it with the following information:

This is a very personal show for me and I really don't want to share it but it may be the only recording and I would want others to enjoy it. I have now seen my last U2 show and I am OK with that. [...] Go share it everywhere and do what you want with it

But not only that, I think it is one of Bishop's better recordings. Perhaps the best I've ever heard of him. Maybe it is the "Pixie Dust" from the illustrious S.s.J - well, I guess many of you know who he is! - but, anyway, I think the recording is just great. It has lots of dynamic and depth. Perhaps it is slightly "distant" in the high and mid range, and not as clear as one always hopes for, but it is certainly enjoyable on the headphones...almost 4 stars

The 2018-05-26 Nashville TN recording was shared first on u2torrents and (for now) only available in 24-bit 48kHz. But, in short: this is not a practical format for many. Therefore u2start is very reluctant in sharing 24/48 files (and there is the size too!). And if you do love these files (as I do!), then you probably already have them. Otherwise you better make yourselves acquainted with u2torrents

So, pragmatically operating, for u2start I converted the files to 16-bit 48kHz using triangular dither in Adobe Audition. From there I made 256kb/s mp3's. This should be good enough for decent playback on most (if not all) devices.

NB: At this point I do not wish to share this recording in a lossless 16/44.1 (cd-format) because this would create a sort of alternate lossless.
    I think it is better if such a 16/44.1 version is first shared at U2T. This way everybody knows what is what and we don't get in each other's hair.
  4. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[…] But not only that, I think it is one of Bishop's better recordings. Perhaps the best I've ever heard of him. Maybe it is the "Pixie Dust" from the illustrious S.s.J - well, I guess many of you know who he is! - but, anyway, I think the recording is just great. It has lots of dynamic and depth. Perhaps it is slightly "distant" in the high and mid range, and not as clear as one always hopes for, but it is certainly enjoyable on the headphones...almost 4 stars [...]
    REVISED OPINION: I've been playing this 2018-05-26 Nashville TN recording on my speakers for a while now and I must say that it sounds even better this way...

Guys, this a 4 star bootleg!
  5. Does anyone listen to bootlegs on their phones? Can you drag your iTunes library into Spotify or will I need to use the stock music app (OnePlus in this case)
  6. Originally posted by SJKamal:Does anyone listen to bootlegs on their phones? Can you drag your iTunes library into Spotify or will I need to use the stock music app (OnePlus in this case)
    I think people will indeed listen to bootlegs on their phone. But I have no idea if you can drag your iTunes library into Spotify. You might want to repeat your question in the "Digital corner": https://u2start.com/topics/25/
  7. We have now a second recording of 2018-05-26 Nashville TN up on the show page / audio tab, thanks to dssmansv

It was recorded with an iPhone X (internal microphones) and has a rather narrow and distant sound. Some distortions in the louder parts of the show and sometimes screamers up-close. But, for an iPhone recording, I guess it is pretty good. I've heard worse, that's for sure. Maybe it sounds best when you listen to this on your phone. A thin 3-stars for this one. Mp3 only.

Thanks again to dssmansv for sharing this on u2start and we all wish the best for Chad
  8. Can't remember which thread it was recently but rememember seeing comments around Edge instructing Dallas mid song during a gig. Anyway was listening back to JT tour London 2 (which I was at) from last summer and pretty sure during 'Bad' he at least twice does same thing. Never noticed it before but interesting...at least it was to me!
  9. Someone can share the UMSound version of the date 2017-10-25 - Sao Paulo, Brazil - Morumbi. By the way, it is not recorded in the link that day that this UMSound recording exists, in case you want to include the info.