1. We withdraw our info straight from U2gigs and they've never included attendance figures so. Doing it manually now, although possible, would mean quite a lot of work: going through around two thousand shows and note down the attendance for each of them.

Also, from the early days until 1984-1985 there are no comprehensive and reliable lists of attendance figures, and then again from 2001 on it's almost impossible to know the actual figures because the model changed and they declare virtually all shows as "sold out" regardless they sell 100,00% of the tickets or only a 68,42%... So the attendance figures would only be helpful for the Joshua, Lovetown, Zoo and Pop tours - hence making the whole thing a bit pointless.
  2. Not pointless if you can find the attendance figure without listing concert capacity.

Attendance: 17,493
  3. I've thought long and hard many times in the past about doing it but I think it would be far too incomplete/inaccurate to be worth the tremendous effort.
  4. It depends on where you get the info from too. Wikipedia has the Manchester shows in 2018 listed as 36,850 for both shows in total. The arena itself holds 21k, but it's unknown whether U2 actually put up 21,000 seats for sale - we just need to assume they did. Going by this data, two full sold out shows would be 42,000, which means U2 didn't sell out both nights. However, Wikipedia doesn't list attendance figures for each individual night, so would we split 36,850 in two and go with that figure per night? Even though night 1 could have far more attendees than night 2?
  5. Originally posted by SJKamal:It depends on where you get the info from too. Wikipedia has the Manchester shows in 2018 listed as 36,850 for both shows in total. The arena itself holds 21k, but it's unknown whether U2 actually put up 21,000 seats for sale - we just need to assume they did. Going by this data, two full sold out shows would be 42,000, which means U2 didn't sell out both nights. However, Wikipedia doesn't list attendance figures for each individual night, so would we split 36,850 in two and go with that figure per night? Even though night 1 could have far more attendees than night 2?
    As I said yesterday, the model changed after Popmart and "official" figures are not reliable anymore because, as you are noting now, every show is marked as sold out even if it it's clearly NOT a sold out (considering sold out as in >95% tickets sold). Cities with multiple shows usually get a single figure regardless actual attendance of each night. For example, the opening nights of the 360 tour in Barcelona are listed as 182,055 out of 182,055 as if both nights sold out, but that wasn't the case - night 1 was sold out while the second one was far from it (I seem to recall a 82k or 84k attendants figure). Also, how you'd divide 182055 by 2 is beyond me Half a person attended each of the nights or what?

If you take a look at the Top Touring Artists of the decade list by Billboard, U2 are the only ones who appear as having sold out all of their concerts - something we all know is not true because we've seen pretty big debacles lately, specially in the US in 2018 and in New Zealand in 2019).

PS. And of course Wikipedia is not even the most reliable source!
  6. I've noticed that for a few shows, bootleg covers have been made but they aren't being displayed on the show pages. For example, Twickenham 1 2017 has multiple covers in the Joshua Tree 2017 and 2019 Tour CD/DVD Covers thread but they aren't displayed on the show page. Could this be changed? I think a lot of good art work is being lost/not used because of this.
  7. Do we show bootleg covers on the show pages?

I have been trying to track down some artwork recently and noticed U2gigs is broken for this. They have a lot of older bootlegs covers available but you can’t search the archive.
  8. I think I've only seen them on the show pages here if they've been specially made for a certain recording. Other than that, I don't think so. It would be a great project though, and would save us all a considerable amount of time if all the bootleg covers for the show were on the show page, instead of having to go through old threads.
  9. There is the ability to add one behind the scenes but it does have a note on the upload field saying that it’s for shows that are featured on the front page and the size must be quite small. Probably harks back to when ‘Show of the Month’ was a regular thing. I have to admit, I almost exclusively access the site with my phone these days so don’t see a lot of these little touches.

It would be nice but Remy will likely point people to U2gigs as they do have some covers at the bottom of their show pages, albeit not as good as on the forums here for shows from 2015 onwards. Felix did an amazing job on the ieTour, those should definitely be preserved somewhere.
  10. DutchU2Fan also did great covers for JT and EI. These need to be seen. @Remy what do you think? Can we have a section on the audio part of the show pages that show all the bootleg covers made for that show? It enhances the user experience massively.
  11. I’ve had a deeper dive into the back end and it turns out we can attach full size covers to the sources, so the functionality exists. I don’t mind going through some and adding them in. I agree it’s make things easier to find for the past few tours at least when they’re all buried in various topics.