1. Anyone have any tips on how to sync a separate audio source to video when making a Multicam?
  2. That's the basic procedure of a multicam project (or any video project fwiw). With most video editors it's a rather straightforward task. Which software are you planning to use?
  3. Mainly iMovie but I guess I could use any free software that is available on Mac OSX and Windows (using bootcamp).
  4. I would add audio at the very end.
  5. I work on video editing and I add the main audio track as the very first step of a project
  6. Originally posted by SJKamal:Mainly iMovie but I guess I could use any free software that is available on Mac OSX and Windows (using bootcamp).
    Alright, I'm afraid I can't help you with iMovie but as long as it shows you the wavelengths of the audio tracks (both from your main audio mix and the audio from each of the videos you're mixing) it should be pretty straightforward to sync.

Look for any "visually recognisable" part of the song (the most obvious would be when the drums come in or Bono's first verse, but for multicams you might be working with incomplete video files that lack some of those so you'll have to work it out). Additionally you'll see that some video sources run a tad faster or slower than your main audio - for those you can either readjust the speed of the video (not advisabe imo) or use only short snippets from it and split & visually resync it for the next snippet.

EDIT. I see iMovie does indeed show graphic audio wavelengths. Eeeeasy as pie.

7. You should probably listen to him
  8. Thanks for the help Sergio!
  9. Just downloaded 1997-11-14 Miami, Florida and it didn't come with a bootleg cover in the download file. I found this from Google if you want to add it to the show page.

Spoiler (click to toggle)
  10. Great sounding gig. Plus Miami back in the set👍🏼
  11. +1 Sergio :-) in terms of adding the main audio track at the start & syncing the clips
  12. Thanks to our friend @MountTemple we now have a 5 star matrix from the fantastic 2001-11-09 - Salt Lake City show The soundboard from this show was already very good but this matrix takes it to a higher level. Gracias!