1. Originally posted by ASortOfDesire:[..]

Completely agree (although I haven't seen many of these live), The Blackout is a raw powerhouse!

And regarding ROTSG, it could worked if it had lead into I Will Follow or some other song with punch... but into Beautiful Day? A song that has a long intro before the it really kicks in?

Seems to me like it would be an energy killer so early in the show.
    Exactly my thoughts while I was there and also afterwards (in bootlegs). It just makes no sense. Stingray into I Will Follow would have been magnificent (no pun intended), but into Beautiful Day it was truly lame.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Exactly my thoughts while I was there and also afterwards (in bootlegs). It just makes no sense. Stingray into I Will Follow would have been magnificent (no pun intended), but into Beautiful Day it was truly lame.
    I'm not so sure about that.. I think ik worked pretty good, maybe I will Follow would have been a bit better, maybe not... I don't think you can say it made no sense or truly was lame.
  3. Gloria on the War Tour . March 1983 in a 1,500 capacity venue . Happy Days
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Exactly how I feel it too! I made for myself tour compilation playlist with Stingray and IWF as openers and it works really geat!
  5. But I think Streets was best opener ever...
  6. Belfast 2 had 8 opening songs in the set.
  7. The Chaplin opener is their best intro since ZOO TV.
  8. Stand By Me closely followed by Love and Peace???