1. Is it actually a full show recording from Adams feed? Or is it an interrupted mess?
  2. Originally posted by UnderARedSky:[..]

Taper: nunomoreira1

Gear: Tascam DR-2D Linear PCM Recorder + receivers

Edges & Bono IEM Matrix

Rehearsal Setlist

01 - Mothers of The Disappeared & Talking
    02 - Mothers of The Disappeared
    03 - Talking
    04 - Angel Of Harlem (false start)
    05 - Talking pt2
    06 - Angel of Harlem (short)
    07 - Mothers of The Disappeared (the end)
    08 - Talking pt3
    09 - Elevation (false start)
    10 - Elevation
    11 - Vertigo & Talking pt4
    12 - Even Better Than The Real Thing
    13 - Even Better Than The Real Thing (in progress)
    14 - Every Breaking Wave
    15 - Talking pt5
    16 - Even Better Than The Real Thing (in progress)
    17 - Talking pt6
    18 - You're The Best Thing About Me (false start)
    19 - You're The Best Thing About Me
    20 - Beautiful Day
    Im really for the one they apparently tried Miracle of Joey Ramone
    (was that the only 2019 song rehearsed, that never made it to concert?)
  3. Lot's of cut ins but I think it's a good portion of the set list. The first song is Get On Your Boots and ends on With Or Without You.

4. Also just a heads up for @LikeASong, the Cape Town soundcheck has no download link.
  5. Originally posted by UnderARedSky:Lot's of cut ins but I think it's a good portion of the set list. The first song is Get On Your Boots and ends on With Or Without You.
    Ok that's what I thought. I remember we had a good time making fun of Nuno for releasing a recording of a recording back when it was released.
  6. Originally posted by marik:[..]
    Im really for the one they apparently tried Miracle of Joey Ramone
    (was that the only 2019 song rehearsed, that never made it to concert?)
    Same haha.
  7. I didn't add this one, maybe it was @remy or @biggirl Thanks for the heads up!
  8. Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Rome 1993 soundcheck mentioned on U2gigs actually exists, or if someone just got hold of the Rotterdam rehearsal and misinterpreted 7/5/93 as 5th July? The setlists and other details are suspiciously similar, and I've never seen this Rome soundcheck mentioned anywhere else.
  9. Originally posted by canadanne:[..]
    Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Rome 1993 soundcheck mentioned on U2gigs actually exists, or if someone just got hold of the Rotterdam rehearsal and misinterpreted 7/5/93 as 5th July? The setlists and other details are suspiciously similar, and I've never seen this Rome soundcheck mentioned anywhere else.
    The Rotterdam 05/07 rehearsal I have is actually Rotterdam, no Rome. It's specified in the info file and also in the fantastic covers included with it:

10. The Rome soundcheck sounds interesting indeed:

Soundchecked: (Took place the previous day) Satellite Of Love, Zoo Station intro (multiple times), Zoo Station (full song), The Fly, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Mysterious Ways / Love To Love You Baby (snippet), One / Unchained Melody (snippet), Until The End Of The World, New Year's Day, Van Diemen's Land, All I Want Is You (first verse only), Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, Where The Streets Have No Name, Desire. Bono even practices his MacPhisto speech and observes that the empty stadium is "curiously silent".

Maybe no recording exists and it comes from a personal report.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:The Rome soundcheck sounds interesting indeed:

Soundchecked: (Took place the previous day) Satellite Of Love, Zoo Station intro (multiple times), Zoo Station (full song), The Fly, Even Better Than The Real Thing, Mysterious Ways / Love To Love You Baby (snippet), One / Unchained Melody (snippet), Until The End Of The World, New Year's Day, Van Diemen's Land, All I Want Is You (first verse only), Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, Where The Streets Have No Name, Desire. Bono even practices his MacPhisto speech and observes that the empty stadium is "curiously silent".

Maybe no recording exists and it comes from a personal report.
    The description matches the Rotterdam rehearsal almost exactly, including the multiple Zoo Station intros and the MacPhisto comment, which really makes me suspect it was Rotterdam they listened to (perhaps labelled with the American date format). I did ask them about it years ago and was told they would check their bootlegs, but then they never got back to me.

(I'm *assuming* the widely circulated Rotterdam rehearsal is indeed Rotterdam and not Rome - fairly sure it must be. Mind you, Van Diemen's Land was only played at the Rome 6th July show, so it would make more sense for it to have been soundchecked there!)
  12. Originally posted by canadanne:[..]
    The description matches the Rotterdam rehearsal almost exactly, including the multiple Zoo Station intros and the MacPhisto comment, which really makes me suspect it was Rotterdam they listened to (perhaps labelled with the American date format). I did ask them about it years ago and was told they would check their bootlegs, but then they never got back to me.

(I'm *assuming* the widely circulated Rotterdam rehearsal is indeed Rotterdam and not Rome - fairly sure it must be. Mind you, Van Diemen's Land was only played at the Rome 6th July show, so it would make more sense for it to have been soundchecked there!)
    Good point, it indeed matches the Rotterdam rehearsal. With U2 old dates and with soundchecks it's usual to find a confusion with the dates DD/MM or MM/DD so you might very well be right.

To add to the confusion I also have this other rehearsal from Rotterdam which kinda matches the description too. Not sure if it's the same as the previous one and I can't listen now to check it. What a mess