2015-11-18 - Belfast
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 27
Audio recordings: 1
  1. the girl actually tried to get her hands on the rail all the time, making us squash together too much, so we told her to move back, she did it all the time when the band was on the estage, and we did not have our hands on the rail, but were dancing ... sort of karma got her ... and actualy I spotted her on the floor later too ... but she and her boyfriend were so small and then crying that they please want the rail position ... come on ... there were more spots where "small: people gathered so they all had a good view .. she should have gone there ...
  2. Originally posted by toysfornoise:ha ha ... these guys think they are rockstars themselves, the wee boy wearing these huge sunglasses ALL the time ... even outside waiting for the band to arrive at the venue ... ah welll .. each their thing ...

the fainted guy was indeed edge side, girl too ...

forgot to mention entry procedure total madness .... : ga line, searched ... metal detector .... then they scan my credit card, was waiting to get a small paper ticket that I would then exchange for the wristband, like on day one, but no ... they told me to simply enter the venue and ask for the wristband .... JUST like any other seated person could do ... unbelievable ... you just walk up to the place on the left and get a wristband and voila .... that is why it was so packed on the floor !!!

They did that too on day 1, probably because they ran out of wristbands by the time I entered. I told this to a security guy and he told me someone is not doing their job properly. But yeah any person with seats could enter GA without a problem these two shows. Unbelievable.
  3. Originally posted by toysfornoise:the girl actually tried to get her hands on the rail all the time, making us squash together too much, so we told her to move back, she did it all the time when the band was on the estage, and we did not have our hands on the rail, but were dancing ... sort of karma got her ... and actualy I spotted her on the floor later too ... but she and her boyfriend were so small and then crying that they please want the rail position ... come on ... there were more spots where "small: people gathered so they all had a good view .. she should have gone there ...
    She was very annoying! With her Sort Of Homecoming sign which read 7 lines of text..

Funny to read your story as we were standing behind you during the show! The audio recording I posted must sound exactly the same as you and I heard the show
  4. By the way in general thumbs up for security when it comes down to real security. First time in 18 shows this year that I was body searched and saw some kind of metal detection. It also didn't slow down that much so good stuff.
  5. Originally posted by toysfornoise:the girl actually tried to get her hands on the rail all the time, making us squash together too much, so we told her to move back, she did it all the time when the band was on the estage, and we did not have our hands on the rail, but were dancing ... sort of karma got her ... and actualy I spotted her on the floor later too ... but she and her boyfriend were so small and then crying that they please want the rail position ... come on ... there were more spots where "small: people gathered so they all had a good view .. she should have gone there ...
    Haha, I couldn't stop laughing at that woman with the A Sort of Homecoming request on an A5 piece of paper. She rocked up at half 7 and just barged her way to the second row, and starts asking to get to the rail. You just don't do that. Funny how you were standing right in front of us for the whole show!

It was the first opportunity I got to watch Dallas during EBTTRT using the DigiTech Whammy. Never felt so sorry for the guy. As Gerard said "that's a shame, he just wanted to be a guitarist."
  6. Originally posted by wangmaster:^ i cringed as the two Mexican kids started playing, mercifully they got the volume put right down as soon as the song properly started.

at the risk of sounding like a dick/spoiled sport - coming half the way around the world to play with U2, you'd think you'd have learned the four chords first, no?
    You have a right to sound like a dick. I'm with you.

Sending your kids to about 30 or 40 shows and jeopardising their education because of it, so they can get on stage with U2 and get to the front for every concert, is absurd. And they wander about like they're a big deal. We were in a a bar after the Periscope and they were wandering about looking at everybody like people are going to go 'hey, it's that little dude that got on stage. TWICE!' Those glasses are ill-fitting on him too, he should maybe keep them at home so they're in mint condition for life? And his guitar playing is horrendous. Just played C and F chords for the entire song, even during the middle eight. His fingers were so small he couldn't play the guitar properly. Should have just given him an ukulele.

Oh, how bitter I sound. But I'll bitch and moan regardless.
  7. I'm with you guys on this one. I can't stand these "celebrity" fans. This e-stage nonsense needs to stop as soon as this leg is over.
  8. What I don't understand is that U2 isn't even trying to get locals on stage. I mean, they would have know that Paco was from México and not from Northern Ireland. Same with meerkat girls... or does the band not have a say in the "pick"?
  9. Bono points at people in the audience, so it's clearly the band's decision. He obviously knew Paco had been on stage before, so why does he bring him up again? It's starting to get unfair for the people who are bringing signs to the shows that aren't getting brought out, who also may be a local and not have a chance to do it at another show.
  10. I threw around a lot of swesr words about them over the last few days.

This touiring caravan (I won't call it a community) of fans who just take over the GA at every single show really grinds my gears. Like all things, your average punter isn't going to know anything but us lot do notice it and I just can't get to terms with it at all.
  11. shit sucks man. but as you say Keiran they continue to willingly bring 'em up on stage regardless.

what especially struck me was that to say that little lad couldn't string two chords together he was strutting around the E-stage with his sunglasses on (indoors) as if he owned the place, it kinda irked me. bono can do that 'coz he's bono, but you're not.

but maybe it's just thinly veiled jealousy i dunno. just seems weird that Bono would single them out a second time knowing they're gonna have to mute them in the mix anyway.
  12. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    She was very annoying! With her Sort Of Homecoming sign which read 7 lines of text..

Funny to read your story as we were standing behind you during the show! The audio recording I posted must sound exactly the same as you and I heard the show
    so you were standing against the rail of the redzone then ? in the corner where the little elevated part of the mojo barriers ended ? ... I was standing next to you first, spoke to two very small and very big people that were at the rail, the girl in yellow i-e shirt - they were holding their selfie sticks, both of them, so I asked if they were gonna use those, cause then I might move ... they grumbled a bit, and 5 minutes later they asked how I did not have a red zone bracelet ... told them red zone was behind us, then they asked me what teh advantage was ... and I happily (eagerly) explained they would have more room to move, their own bar plus easy to go bathroom, as our block would be filled up soon, so they decided to leave the rail and go to red zone, could NOT believe my luck and quickly moved my jacketfrom redzone barrier to the front rail, where there was a tiny extra speaker coming out of dallas's side of the underworld .... had to ask a security guy couple of times to move as he was blocking the speaker, but did so with a smile, and he didnt mind, but did not smile either, must be one of those who did not like u2 ... ha ha ......

the girl that fainted was closer to edge, second row, but tiny so she tried to move in, and the guy who had to deal with her had his first show, so he needed some advise from our side to move her back ... but he did well ....

and actually the girl with the sign was not teh one that fainted, she went to the estage, to HOLD UP her sign I borrowed her my marker to make the sign and was glad she was busy marking, cause she wanted to talk and talk ... and I was getting ready for patty power .... I mean, she was passionate, came from the usa, has seen over 100 shows and still needed a little lesson in "ethics" we let her do her thing before bad, cause the guy on my right moved, so she moved in, but she also ducked down and took some pics, no harm done really ... then as I saw the bad guitar I asked her to come to my left so I would not have any camera in my sight and then I dissolved into that magical ending

and to hear you guys have recorded from that spot - bounce bounce -