Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Concerts: 54
  1. Originally posted by bartajax:Isn't anyone thinking the same as I do, that they weren't done with SOE but had agreed to tour this spring/summer? So it came in handy that it's the anniversary of The Joshua Tree.
    I think they were contractually obliged to tour, and have used JT30 and Trump/ America as a way out of a costly problem, if I am being honest.
  2. Totally agree. Playing entire albums is becoming more common. Look at how popular Def Leppards Hysteria residency was. U2 knew this would be an easy money making venture. I just dont understand when they are worth well over 100 million a piece they would do this. Blows my freakin mind.
  3. I've absolutely nothing wrong with a "nostalgia" tour, if you have an album like Joshua Tree in your cannon then why not celebrate it on a anniversary tour level.

All i can say is JT is not my favourite U2 album but I pray they do the same thing for my favourite U2 album, Achtung Baby in 2021!
  4. Originally posted by georgemccauley:I've absolutely nothing wrong with a "nostalgia" tour, if you have an album like Joshua Tree in your cannon then why not celebrate it on a anniversary tour level.

All i can say is JT is not my favourite U2 album but I pray they do the same thing for my favourite U2 album, Achtung Baby in 2021!
    Do you think u2 will stay be making/playing music then?
  5. Originally posted by georgemccauley:I've absolutely nothing wrong with a "nostalgia" tour, if you have an album like Joshua Tree in your cannon then why not celebrate it on a anniversary tour level.

the young people don't understand the JT album.
  6. Originally posted by georgemccauley:I've absolutely nothing wrong with a "nostalgia" tour, if you have an album like Joshua Tree in your cannon then why not celebrate it on a anniversary tour level.

And play Zoo Station!
  7. I dont' want hear anything post Rattle and hum, only '80's.
    And for the SOE tour, no '80's anymore.
  8. The old people don't understand achtung baby.
  9. I was only messing, I'm sure there's plenty of 'old' people who's favourite album is achtung baby and plenty of 'younger' people who's favourite album is The Joshua Tree and who understand both albums. As for Pop I don't rate it above either but it's a great album and definitely underrated in my opinion and I'm not surprised it's some people's favourite u2 album.
  10. I think they'll be bringing out there last or second last album after 2021. If they keep making music until around 2025 they'll all be about 65ish plus a tour taking them to about 2026/27 they'll be 67, can't see it going much longer than that. So 10 years and 2 or 3 albums left is my shout.