Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Is it unusual for croke to not schedule all three concert dates in a particular year?

Ed sheeran has just done a European Tour I believe, Bruce Springsteen and Adele have just finished tours, guns n roses are doing Slane and Coldplay have the other date. Foo fighters have European dates for sale but what's odd is that the only UK date they have is for Glastonbury. From memory they usually toured the UK area pretty heavily. They're about the only other act that I can think of that could pull the slot unless it stays empty
  2. I's say there's no way U2 wouldn't have used it if it's available. First time since 1985 only doing one Irish show. 1987 x 4, 1989 x 4, 1993 x 3, 1997 x 3, 2001 x 2, 2005 x 3, 2009 x 3, 2015 x 4.
  3. Very odd. If there was no further date available then the band should have explained as much to cover themselves. I'm surprised the Irish fan base have been quiet about London etc getting two shows versus one at home.
  4. The Rolling Stones just announced stadium shows from September. No Croke Park date. Yet
  5. Nothing in the Uk either.
  6. I think the third date in Croke Park was really kept for The Stones, since at the time U2 announced the tour, the Stones were supposed to tour Europe in June/July and I think The Croke Park was a strong rumour. Then they postponed the tour until Autumn, but the Joshua Tree tour was already announced and probably somehow impossible to add the second date. Just my guess.
  7. Probably a sound theory. Still wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for U2 to take the available slot if it was available.
  8. Wouw! Two shows in The Netherlands And only 1 in the Amsterdam/JC Arena (other in Arnhem...amazing)

Thanks for this news
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy:Probably a sound theory. Still wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for U2 to take the available slot if it was available.
    After so much time has passed and with July coming closer? Don't think so... Would seem so strange.
  10. Just look at SOI. And that was to arrange any dates at all rather than just an additional.

If they could have made it happen in site it would have been signed and sealed already.
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Just look at SOI. And that was to arrange any dates at all rather than just an additional.

If they could have made it happen in site it would have been signed and sealed already.
    Exactly, the IE dates were announced way after the tour had started and with less than 3 months notice if I recall correctly... but all of them were announced and sold at the same time, not one in December and the other one in May/June/July, it just makes no sense.

It all makes no sense, there must be some limitation by Dublin's admin or Croke themselves.
  12. .