1. can someone tell me
    how should I do to record
    an IEM in a show?

tnks!!!
  2. Do you have any recording gear already?

It's not a cheap hobby.
  3. Originally posted by hoserama:There is. Go listen to any of my IEM mixes from the last 3-4 years and the counts will be 95% removed. But it's challenging and time consuming.

I noticed that on the Joshua Tree 30 wireless mixes, they sound like professionally done soundboard recordings but I did wonder how you did it.
  4. Originally posted by dtpc191991:[..]

I noticed that on the Joshua Tree 30 wireless mixes, they sound like professionally done soundboard recordings but I did wonder how you did it.
    Magic!

Or a really specific strategic combination of taping arrangements (right feeds + multitrack recorder + right setup), creative use of spatial manipulations, and spectral frequency editing.
  5. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    Magic!

Or a really specific strategic combination of taping arrangements (right feeds + multitrack recorder + right setup), creative use of spatial manipulations, and spectral frequency editing.
    Does indeed sound like magic
  6. I think Hoser is the only one really removing counts and clicks from IEM these days. Most of the other folks don't do it, based on time involved, knowledge or just laziness.

(I am sure there are exceptions, but generally speaking...)
  7. Silly question, but what is an IEM recording?
  8. what is an iem (in ear monitors) recording?
    In Ear Monitors are devices used by performers to hear a mix of microphones and/or instrument pickups that are on the stage. They are often custom fitted to the individuals ears and provide a high level of noise reduction from stage noise. An IEM recording is a recording of this wireless audio feed, there can be a difference between an IEM recording from Bono's feed and the recording from Adam's for instance.
  9. Originally posted by Chrisedge:I think Hoser is the only one really removing counts and clicks from IEM these days. Most of the other folks don't do it, based on time involved, knowledge or just laziness.

(I am sure there are exceptions, but generally speaking...)
    I know the recent St. Louis 2018 release had the counts zapped, but since it was a mono feed, it makes it harder to hide the artifacts. Some of the Euro 2017 bootlegs had attempts to zap the counts, but those were generally pretty shitty sounding mixes.
  10. I have this - according to my wife, not my personal opinion - annoying habit to count with the IEM recordings, like 'verse 2 3 4' when listening to these recordings. So, even in the car when we listen to a concert (or even a single on the radio) I'm counting 'Edge 2 3 4'.

I'm not allowed to listen to IEM anymore in her presence
  11. Originally posted by wowow:I have this - according to my wife, not my personal opinion - annoying habit to count with the IEM recordings, like 'verse 2 3 4' when listening to these recordings. So, even in the car when we listen to a concert (or even a single on the radio) I'm counting 'Edge 2 3 4'.

I'm not allowed to listen to IEM anymore in her presence
    I do exactly the same thing with recordings I listen to A LOT