1. There was a link to this in another thread and I've got a suggestion could it be a rehearsal? There was some good quality rehearsal recordings out there.
  2. I'm diving headfirst into this mystery as well

With ya, ger & ross
  3. Do either of you remember the specific lines of Fool to Cry that you heard snippeted? Is it at ALL possible that it was only one line, maybe two, and it came from a different snippet other than Fool to Cry?

There were a TON of region-specific and odd snippets in Bad on that tour, really digging through.
  4. Even if Fool to Cry is sketchy, it's got to have a snippet of '40' too.
  5. Right, but a lot of the random snippets then segued into the usual 40 bit, so it gives a lot more freedom in searching.
  6. Time to fire up the bootleg machine.
  7. I'm knee-deep in this already
  8. Reading back through this thread, I saw that Chicago 9-12-09 got mentioned already as having both Fool to Cry and 40 snippets at the end and wasn't sure if that was completely dismissed yet...I was there and don't remember Bono talking that long, but I do think he spoke a little as the song was added after One, which during the previous European leg was always the last song of the main set, right? I also remember Edge's delay effect not working at the beginning?
  9. Will update - currently trying to sort out Elevation boots based on quality that could be perceived as SB in a bar - matrixes, official FM/TV broadcasts, ALDs, etc.

Cross-referencing snippets, priority on 40 as its the more obvious snippet

Then checking the length of the intro of Bad

Can't even imagine breaking this open into other tours, looking at how many times 40 has been snippeted. I trust all the combos from the Elevation Tour were checked and incorrect? I did skim the thread and came to that conclusion myself
  10. I think I downloaded all Elevation bootlegs that contained at least a snippet of '40'. But that was almost two years ago now. I'm just listening through those again now. Of course, not all are soundboard potential in quality.