1. Originally posted by bpt3:Reading back through this thread, I saw that Chicago 9-12-09 got mentioned already as having both Fool to Cry and 40 snippets at the end and wasn't sure if that was completely dismissed yet...I was there and don't remember Bono talking that long, but I do think he spoke a little as the song was added after One, which during the previous European leg was always the last song of the main set, right? I also remember Edge's delay effect not working at the beginning?
    Listening to this one now...slightly longer intro, but not as long as I anticipated given Ger's review.

Also not sure if this would be easily mistaken for an Elevation performance, particularly a soundboard - as it looks like the only bootlegs for 9/12/09 are audience mics.

Still in consideration, and still on the hunt!
  2. Originally posted by bpt3:Reading back through this thread, I saw that Chicago 9-12-09 got mentioned already as having both Fool to Cry and 40 snippets at the end and wasn't sure if that was completely dismissed yet...I was there and don't remember Bono talking that long, but I do think he spoke a little as the song was added after One, which during the previous European leg was always the last song of the main set, right? I also remember Edge's delay effect not working at the beginning?
    Dream out loud, dream out loud

Bad / Zooropa (snippet) / Fool To Cry (snippet) / '40' (snippet). Better alert the authorities. It's not this one.
  3. Holy! Is that Theme from The Swan afterwards?
  4. Just got so excited, I found a soundboard from Salt Lake City with a very long intro to Bad, and then there was a very obvious and loud WGRYWH snippet for almost a whole verse - no way you two would've missed that.
  5. I could remember a version which had Fool To Cry in it.

Turns out it was Bad from 2001-03-22 Elevation rehearsals (IEM). No 40 snippet though.
  6. Lol fucking hell. Back me up Ross. This shit is real.
  7. I'm fairly certain it's not from the 3rd leg of the Elevation tour.
  8. Has anyone asked the nature of the 40 snippet? Like did it just fade out with 40 since it would have went into Streets on the elevation tour or did the song come to a complete finish?
  9. Originally posted by patou2:[..]
    If are you sure they plyed that two snippets it have to be easier to find it ... maybe a show with SB sound and u2gigs dont have the snippets ...and you are almost sure it was a 2001 vresion , so we have to look for a show with sB sound and with no declared snippets and maybe it could be

This is a good point, I'll start looking through shows that are logged on the Elevation Tour that include Bad, and zero snippets - maybe they weren't ever listened to once imported, and snippets never got tagged? Hard to believe, but possible...
  10. I checked the following:

4/13 Vancouver
    4/28 Phoenix
    5/15 Chicago
    11/9 Salt Lake City

All had snippets of 40 at the end of Bad, and all were high-quality ALD matrixes or SB recordings...no dice.
  11. I'm enjoying your collaborative quest even if I don't know what you're really looking for
  12. Bad / Fool To Cry (snippet) / '40' (snippet)

A version that exists in the head of two people on the drink.