1. Not sure about this list... all I know is, I don't listen to very many artists.

01 U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name
    02 U2 - The Fly
    03 R.E.M. - Country Feedback
    04 U2 - Lemon
    05 The Beatles - Hey Bulldog
    06 Elvis Presley - Can’t Help Falling In Love
    07 Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky
    08 R.E.M. - Find the River
    09 Yes - Heart of the Sunrise
    10 U2 - Love Is Blindness
    11 The Beatles - I Am the Walrus
    12 Pink Floyd - Time
    13 Rush - Manhattan Project
    14 David Bowie - Space Oddity
    15 Frank Sinatra - (Love Is) The Tender Trap
    16 The Clash - London Calling
    17 R.E.M. - It’s the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
    18 Arctic Monkeys - Knee Socks
    19 The Beatles - Across the Universe
    20 U2 - One
    21The Police - Omegaman
    22 R.E.M. - Man On the Moon
    23 Yes - Roundabout
    24 Rush - 2112
    25 Sting - Ballad of the Great Eastern
    26 The Decemberists - The Island
    27 Arctic Monkeys - R U Mine?
    28 Pink Floyd - The Trial
    29 Fall Out Boy - Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On a Bad Bet
    30 The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby
    31 The Psychedelic Furs - Imitation of Christ
    32 Rush - Distant Early Warning
    33 The Police - King of Pain
    34 Arctic Monkeys - Arabella
    35 Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
    36 The Who - Boris the Spider
    37 Eagles - Hotel California
    38 The Strokes - Welcome To Japan
    39 Sting - Desert Rose
    40 Yes - Don’t Kill the Whale
    41 Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues
    42 Glenn Miller - In the Mood
    43 The Decemberists - June Hymn
    44 Yes - Arriving UFO
    45 The Killers - Spaceman
    46 Elvis Presley - Viva Las Vegas
    47 Frank Sinatra - One For My Baby (And One More For the Road)
    48 Elvis Presley - Marie’s the Name (His Latest Flame)
    49 Frank Sinatra - I’ve Got You Under My Skin
    50 Soft Cell - Tainted Love
  2. Question. Would solo artists count as their own artist aside from the band they are a part of? IE, Brandon Flowers vs. The Killers?
  3. If I'll have top 25 list, I can use 2,5 os songs by each artist? How could I do that? (seriously, is it 2 or 3?)
  4. Originally posted by Alvin:If I'll have top 25 list, I can use 2,5 os songs by each artist? How could I do that? (seriously, is it 2 or 3?)
    Make it 3
  5. Originally posted by ahn1991:Question. Would solo artists count as their own artist aside from the band they are a part of? IE, Brandon Flowers vs. The Killers?
    Uhmm for example Eddie Vedder, Brandon Flowers, John Lennon etc. can count as separated artists.
  6. this opens another game Bart
    odd one out
  7. I never quite get if this list is a list of personal favourite songs or objectively thought about greatest songs ever.

Eg kite is my favourite song of all time, but I'd never even put it up there with some of the songs I consider to be some of the greatest of all time..
  8. Originally posted by dylbagz:I never quite get if this list is a list of personal favourite songs or objectively thought about greatest songs ever.

Eg kite is my favourite song of all time, but I'd never even put it up there with some of the songs I consider to be some of the greatest of all time..
    Your personal favourites, which in the end will combine into a U2start list of the ''objectively'' best songs out there.
    But if you want to make a list of what in your opinion are the objectively best songs of all time, you're free to do that aswell
  9. Originally posted by dylbagz:I never quite get if this list is a list of personal favourite songs or objectively thought about greatest songs ever.

That was my question yesterday:

burgers vs filets mignon... I aknowledge filet mignon is way better than a burger -unless perhaps it's a filet mignon burger, but that's not the point- although I probably answer burger is my favorite food because most likely I wouldn't even remember that filets mignon exist in the first place.

In the end, I went with my "burger" list... my "filet mignon" list would've probably had a lot more The Who, Dire Straits, Stones, Zeppelin, etcetera, but screw that.
    It's not a "The best 100 songs of all time" list, it's more "My favorite 100 songs of all time" list...

Different words: think of it as "if you made a 100 song play list that YOU -and no one but you- would listen to, what are the songs that you'd like to be on that list?", instead of thinking "which are the 100 songs you'd submit for being published in a music magazine".