1997-05-03 - Salt Lake City
Tour: Popmart
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 3
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Hey, don't underestimate Leg 1. Full versions of Mofo, Do You Feel Loved, If God Will Send His Angels, Staring At The Sun full band electric, different setlist, screwups... there's lots to love there.
    I don't think I underestimate it. Some good shows and notable performances of songs which were tragically dropped later on. Overall though it was quite a mess. I usually enjoy U2 fuckups - they add character, but leg 1 of Popmart sounded bland and lifeless to me. I know there are exceptions, but on the whole I think it was a low point for the tour.
  2. Smells like Popmart Vegas to me. As much as I've listened to this show, my memory of dates and such info is not what it used to be. To this day, would love a DVD of this show, but my computer can't handle the download of video for some reason, but one day I will watch it. Now if it is not Vegas, it could be San Diego, Tempe. As recent as 3 years ago, I could probably write down the dates and cities for this wonderful tour. The mistakes from the Vegas show gave it a personality few shows ever could have. I felt terrible for the band, but proved they were human.
  3. Don't forget everyone: this Saturday we'll have a Popmart liveshow.
  4. not the most favorite Tour in my live
  5. The Rise of Popmart, If that was a movie I would be the first in line to see it!

I Can't wait until Saturday!
  6. Sounds like either
    (a) a Zombie movie or
    (b) another Rocky movie
  7. New York, London, Paris, Munich, everybody talk about Pop Muzik! Whatever the show, it's sure to be a great listen.
  8. Working right now in the PA songs before the show. They'll have a very 1997 vibe
  9. Has to be the opening night. There's something great about this gig even though the band is under rehearsed.