1. I don't know how in all of this madness, Ted Cruz somehow became the "reasonable" choice from the Republican field. Does no one remember that everyone hated him in congress?

Anyway, Hillary really has a way of saying what you want to hear without ever actually saying it. A career politician, owned by Wall Street, Secretary of State in an administration that has sent hundreds of drones to kill thousands of innocents (the world went mad when Trump said he would kill the families of terrorists but we are already doing much worse than that!), a silencer of women who claim to be assaulted by her husband, has only supported same-sex marriage when the elections came around...

Trump has said some crazy things but in the end they are just that, words. Hillary has engaged in the awful things already but because she knows what you want to hear nobody notices. Neither of these candidates are ideal but I will take the the devil that is upfront about his evils over the devil that deceives me.
  2. Good luck, then. Let's see what happens when Trump throws in the bin the Vienna agreement signed with Iran (shivers).
  3. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Sadly, Bernie Sanders didn't realistically have a chance from day one. The democrats created the "superdelegate" precisely for the reason of keeping candidates the people would choose like Bernie down to insure their establishment candidate gets in so they can keep their power status quo. There is no "for the people, by the people" anymore.

Very sad indeed.
  4. Originally posted by ahn1991:I like the way Bernie talks, but I don't know if he's got the stones to back that up when he's in office. Everyone digs up videos of him saying the same thing for years, but if you really look into Bernie's political career it's all talk no action. He's good ideas but has never been able to bring them to fruit.

I think Clinton is the most solid choice America has. She has a lot of political experience and a history of actually getting things done. She will not crack under pressure, 100%. She went into that Benghazi Witch Hunt and put all those wolves into their place. The way she handled that situation made people realize she could stand up to the likes of Putin and Kim Jong Un. Let's say you don't like Hillary. Even if you hate here with every fiber of your body, you should still vote for her because Hillary in the White House means Bill is in the White House. When everyone talks about "the good old days" in America, they all refer to Bill Clinton's terms as President. Not to mention Bill Clinton has been doing a lot of good work globally since he's left the White House. If you don't want to vote for Hillary, do yourself a favor and vote for Bill.

I agree. I'd vote for Clinton if I was a US citizen. But she's made several bad calls (e.g. Iraq), she's accepted more money than many people will ever earn in their life just to give a speech or two, she's been very naive (or incompetent) with her emails etc. But yes, I am not sure Sanders would have made a good president, even if I agree with most of what he says. For starters, his own party doesn't really support him. I certainly hope that that, at some point, the democratic party will listen to his own (actual and especially potential) electors. But I am sceptical.
  5. Originally posted by JuJuman:[..]

I agree. I'd vote for Clinton if I was a US citizen. But she's made several bad calls (e.g. Iraq), she's accepted more money than many people will ever earn in their life just to give a speech or two, she's been very naive (or incompetent) with her emails etc. But yes, I am not sure Sanders would have made a good president, even if I agree with most of what he says. For starters, his own party doesn't really support him. I certainly hope that that, at some point, the democratic party will listen to his own (actual and especially potential) electors. But I am sceptical.
    I don't understand this type of thinking. If Bernie's campaign showed me anything, it is that Hillary is a corrupt candidate that should not be president. Even if Bernie could get nothing done, would it not be better to have a good guy that isn't able to move anything forward than a bad guy that does bad stuff/sends us further down the wrong path?
  6. While we're on this topic, let's take a moment to really appreciate how amazing President Obama has been. The Obama family has gone through 8 years in the White House without a single scandal. President Obama has proven himself time and time again as not only a strong leader of the free world, but also a devoted family man. It's been a while since the White House has been graced with a family as well put together as the Obamas and no matter who gets voted into office next I'm certain we'll be missing the Obamas.
  7. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:[..]
    I don't understand this type of thinking. If Bernie's campaign showed me anything, it is that Hillary is a corrupt candidate that should not be president. Even if Bernie could get nothing done, would it not be better to have a good guy that isn't able to move anything forward than a bad guy that does bad stuff/sends us further down the wrong path?
    You are correct. As a US citizen, I think we're all screwed because there is no good candidate. But Hillary (and the media) has obviously not only hoodwinked Americans, but hoodwinked the world. The Clintons are a corrupt and evil empire and she is the most arrogant, the most narcissistic and the biggest liar of them all. Her office should be an 8 x 10 cell. If her last name were Bush, she would have already been indicted. And PS... she gets her wardrobe ideas from Kim Jong Un... You think shes gonna stand up to him? My vote is going to keep more criminals out of Washington. At least whoever the other nominee is will be a one term, four year President. If the power hungry Clintons get back in, I wouldnt be surprised if you see an executive order to do away with term limits. And anyone who believes her bullshit about being for the people... try to buy a ticket to one of her wall street speaking engagements. Oh, and please dont vote!
  8. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    You are correct. As a US citizen, I think we're all screwed because there is no good candidate. But Hillary (and the media) has obviously not only hoodwinked Americans, but hoodwinked the world. The Clintons are a corrupt and evil empire and she is the most arrogant, the most narcissistic and the biggest liar of them all. Her office should be an 8 x 10 cell. If her last name were Bush, she would have already been indicted. And PS... she gets her wardrobe ideas from Kim Jong Un... You think shes gonna stand up to him? My vote is going to keep more criminals out of Washington. At least whoever the other nominee is will be a one term, four year President. If the power hungry Clintons get back in, I wouldnt be surprised if you see an executive order to do away with term limits. And anyone who believes her bullshit about being for the people... try to buy a ticket to one of her wall street speaking engagements. Oh, and please dont vote!
    Oh wait... she doesnt need your vote anyway. She has superdelegates. And they say Republicans steal elections...
  9. I honestly think the Bernie camp is high on some sort of Koolaid thinking that somehow the election is stacked against him. If you compare Bernie and Hillary on paper it's really no contest why the media is paying more attention to Hillary. The Clintons have accomplished a lot of good work in and out of office. To be frank, Bernie has done nothing except talk for his entire political career. Whenever people dredge up videos of Bernie saying the exact same thing years ago, it makes me wonder why he's only just now starting to attract a crowd. I think Bernie is a decent human being, but I don't think he's fit to run the country.
  10. Originally posted by ahn1991:While we're on this topic, let's take a moment to really appreciate how amazing President Obama has been. The Obama family has gone through 8 years in the White House without a single scandal. President Obama has proven himself time and time again as not only a strong leader of the free world, but also a devoted family man. It's been a while since the White House has been graced with a family as well put together as the Obamas and no matter who gets voted into office next I'm certain we'll be missing the Obamas.
    +1
  11. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:[..]
    I don't like negative campaigning (candidate X sucks because of xyz), so I haven't really been listening to his attacks to Clinton. (I don't think he should have attacked Clinton the way he did - he should have kept making a positive case. ) I'd say Sanders' main point has been the focus on inequality, unfairness and their (neocon) roots - and what can be done to move towards a fairer society. Maybe he'd be a better president - I don't know. But I don't think Clinton is evil, and I don't think she'd bring the US on the wrong path. I believe in incremental changes. My hope is that next time around there will be a younger Sanders, and that he or she won't be alone representing the left wing of the democratic party.
  12. Interesting. Thanks for the reply.
    Sanders, I didn't like economically but he was an alright 2nd choice for me after Rand Paul dropped out. Only because of his non-interventionalism and dislike for big banks (although I think it is strange how he almost never mentions the Fed seeing as they are the biggest bank of them all). Although Bernie did seem to get a fair amount of media coverage, I've always seen the treatment of the Pauls as unfair, especially during debates when the moderators would rather dig for some controversy than talk about issues. So in that sense, it is kind of refreshing to see Trump take all that is unfair about the media and exploit it for himself, spending less than any other candidate and getting huge amounts of coverage. I hope if Trump does win, he will in some way reform the way campaigns work in this country. Hillary certainly will not.