1. Originally posted by Lightmyway92:And then there's the atmospheric sweep of "A Sort of Homecoming." That songs just seems to lift off after the opening drum intro. That has to be one of the best U2 songs of the 80's, and that's saying a lot!
    One of their best all-time for me - definitely in my top 10. For a while it was my most-played song on iTunes. Incredible atmosphere.
  2. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Have you thought of adding Love Comes Tumbling and/or The Three Sunrises to that modified track list? I think they are as part of TUF as the other songs.

I created/compiled some additional 12 albums or so with songs that are not on the official albums (I thought I had posted them already in here, but apparently I only did that at the other site maybe I'll post them later.).
    So those songs belong to the album "Angels" in my universe, between War and TUF .

1- Three Sunrises
    2- A Sort of Homecoming (Lanois)
    3- Love Comes Tumbling
    4- Bass Trap
    5- Disappearing Act
    6- Wire (Kev)
    7- Boomerang I
    8- Boomerang II
    9- Treasure (Whatever Happened...)
    10- Yoshino Blossom
    11- Endless Deep
    12- Angels Too Tied to the Ground

Yeah, but I like the U2 style of closing the albums in a lower tone, so the high energy of Pride for me works great at the end... but I need a good closer to slow the pace at the end.
    But yes, there's more ways to make things work.
  3. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

I created/compiled some additional 12 albums or so with songs that are not on the official albums (I thought I had posted them already in here, but apparently I only did that at the other site maybe I'll post them later.).
    So those songs belong to the album "Angels" in my universe, between War and TUF .
    [image]
    1- Three Sunrises
    2- A Sort of Homecoming (Lanois)
    3- Love Comes Tumbling
    4- Bass Trap
    5- Disappearing Act
    6- Wire (Kev)
    7- Boomerang I
    8- Boomerang II
    9- Treasure (Whatever Happened...)
    10- Yoshino Blossom
    11- Endless Deep
    12- Angels Too Tied to the Ground

[..]

Yeah, but I like the U2 style of closing the albums in a lower tone, so the high energy of Pride for me works great at the end... but I need a good closer to slow the pace at the end.
    But yes, there's more ways to make things work.
    I like this 'extra albums' deal... any chance of you posting them somewhere around these parts?

Additionally, I agree about a more downbeat closer. I prefer Pride near the end of a set but not AT the end. Closing the main set is one thing, closing the entire show is another. I recently relistened to the second Point Depot Lovetown show where Pride is the penultimate song, followed by "40". That worked really well.
  4. Hi all, I've promoted our Podcast elsewhere on the forum, but I thought it would be ok to link to our Unforgettable Fire episode here. I love the tracklistings with Three Sunrises, Yoshino Blossom and Disappearing Act (though I always imagine TS beginning Side Two personally). In the episode we get a bit irate about what was left on and off the album. Anyway, hope you enjoy it and if this isn't the right place to post this kind of thing please let me know and I'll shift it. Cheers.

https://soundcloud.com/revu2/episode-4-the-unforgettable-fire
  5. Listening to this tonight (original vinyl no less ) and can't stop being in awe that they were only 24 when they made this brilliant album. Mature beyond their years in so many respects.
  6. Wire has one of Adam's best bass lines.
  7. Good grief here is an album that I’ve clearly never spent enough time with. This has got to be the most complete U2 album of the lot. I only wish they’d finished Elvis. Almost perfection.
  8. I love Indian Summer Sky!
  9. I just played TUF all the through for the first time in a long time a few days ago as well. It is such a gorgeous record, everything flows, even the flawed Elvis which has become endearing over the years for me. It is amazing that they wrote the perfect prequel to TJT without even knowing it at the time! I so miss Eno and Lanois producing U2. Sigh.
  10. Great album. Played it a lot when it came out 35 years ago.
    Still a lot of great songs on it.
  11. Originally posted by germcevoy:Good grief here is an album that I’ve clearly never spent enough time with. This has got to be the most complete U2 album of the lot. I only wish they’d finished Elvis. Almost perfection.
    It's too short and it's got one too many less-than-brilliant songs to be the "best of the lot", but it sure is overlooked from fans and critics. The two big hits eclipse the other five gems (A Sort Of Homecoming, Wire, The Unforgettable Fire, Promenade & Indian Summer Sky), and then there's 3 songs unworthy of a U2 album slot. MLK, 4th Of July and Elvis are mediocre songs that probably Eno convinced them to include "as is" instead of leaving them as B sides and working on 3 other proper songs. But anyway it's a good album that gets ignored quite often and hence is a very enjoyable listen because it sounds much fresher than all the other (probably overplayed by us) ones!