1993-08-28 - Dublin
Tour: ZOO TV
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 9
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by NoelMc:[..]
    Totally disagree. Was my first ever U2 show and the entire B-stage set was amazing! Was standing beside the B-Stage and was hilarious to see the look of panic in Adam’s face when Bono shoved the microphone for him to sing a line of WLCTT! I must have listened to the 2FM broadcast about a 1000 times before the days of U2start
    Disagree how? Seems like you prefer WLCTT? As do I in this instance. Or have I misread you?
  2. People are disagreeing here now even if they actually agree on everything?
  3. My bad! I actually meant to quote the previous quote 🙈. You and I agree!
  4. Dublin 17 argument all over again
  5. yeah, we have a Shine Like Stars snippet, including that beautiful guitar solo missing, no Dancing Queen and we have people that were barely born judging the show. When reading Sydney_Mike's and others comments on Zoo TV, maybe it wasn't always as great as we think it was. There were quite a few fans who didn't like U2's new direction at all. Fans that were there from the beginning, that we seem to forget about,
  6. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    yeah, we have a Shine Like Stars snippet, including that beautiful guitar solo missing, no Dancing Queen and we have people that were barely born judging the show. When reading Sydney_Mike's and others comments on Zoo TV, maybe it wasn't always as great as we think it was. There were quite a few fans who didn't like U2's new direction at all. Fans that were there from the beginning, that we seem to forget about,
    It would be everything we hate if ZooTV was now. All these weird new songs and supremely static setlists. The passage of time let’s us draw conclusions not available to those who were there in the moment. The band rarely mange a one off performance nowadays that would get close to the energy, fun and general awesomeness of those ZooTV performances they knocked out night after night.

What’s wrong with reviewing a show from when you were barely born? How does that limits ones opinion of a performance in the context of having heard hundreds of other U2 performances?

This (and any other) would be extremely quiet if we could only discuss shows we were at.
  7. If memory does not betray me, they rehearsed Zooropa and Babyface on the afternoon of August, 27th.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    It would be everything we hate if ZooTV was now. All these weird new songs and supremely static setlists. The passage of time let’s us draw conclusions not available to those who were there in the moment. The band rarely mange a one off performance nowadays that would get close to the energy, fun and general awesomeness of those ZooTV performances they knocked out night after night.

What’s wrong with reviewing a show from when you were barely born? How does that limits ones opinion of a performance in the context of having heard hundreds of other U2 performances?

This (and any other) would be extremely quiet if we could only discuss shows we were at.
    I can’t even review PopMart 😞
  9. You wouldn’t have liked it. Even if you like it now you still can’t like it for you we’re not there because you weren’t born yet.