1. Lisa Simpson vs. Kanye West in 2020. Another top-notch list of choices for us. Can't wait to see the media circus surrounding this one!
  2. Kanye is the man. But I have known Lisa longer so...
  3. JESSE VENTURA for the block
  4. So, it's Hillary v. Trump, Take 2!

Another win-win for the Dumbvided States of 'Muricah.
  5. Kanye is a genius and has a lot of great ideas. Admittedly I think he needs someone to help reign in his ideas so I'm not sure how great he would be.
  6. Alternative Facts News!
    "Trump, has the highest approval ratings of any inaugurated President currently in the U.S." 30 percent of the country really like me...beat that Oprah".shouted trump from the oval office.
  7. Originally posted by revjisok:Alternative Facts News!
    "Trump, has the highest approval ratings of any inaugurated President currently in the U.S." 30 percent of the country really like me...beat that Oprah".shouted trump from the oval office.
    What is to be believed though? Those facts are wrong, the media facts are usually wrong. Who is actually delivering factual news? CNN? I don't think so. Fox News? I don't think so? Major Networks? Nope. So where is the FACTUAL NEWS? .....8 ball? Yes
  8. Originally posted by amansman:[..]
    What is to be believed though? Those facts are wrong, the media facts are usually wrong. Who is actually delivering factual news? CNN? I don't think so. Fox News? I don't think so? Major Networks? Nope. So where is the FACTUAL NEWS? .....8 ball? Yes
    I think you've got it spot on, the only news I believe is things I can see and even then if it's not live it can be edited to suit whoevers covering it. I think too many people make judgement and form opinions based on headlines and not completely accurate reporting. But hey each to there own.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think you've got it spot on, the only news I believe is things I can see and even then if it's not live it can be edited to suit whoevers covering it. I think too many people make judgement and form opinions based on headlines and not completely accurate reporting. But hey each to there own.
    Yep, can't force people to do a little research or read more. Fustrating at times though
  10. Originally posted by amansman:[..]
    Alas, I agree entirely - I say alas because it saddens me that it's almost impossible to get any news which places objectivity ahead of any other motivation.

Whether it be outlets I find myself generally aligned with or ones I find myself particularly unaligned with (UK or global), I get incredibly frustrated at the intentional representation - and that it feels like so many people around the world are so inclined to just go with what they see / read rather than go 'why are they saying X, why aren't they saying Y' etc.

Whether you're left, right, central, liberal, conservative etc., I generally feel that if everyone took the time to pursue objective facts (as much there is such thing as objective fact - I feel that's something for the Philosophy thread if there is one on here!) rather than simply digest what's reported and assume it's the only way to view it, we'd get somewhere. If nothing else, understanding that what we're presented with in the media is generally skewed towards one point of view or another would be a good start.
  11. Originally posted by amansman:[..]
    Actually Clinton's campaign was to catered to the uneducated. Somehow alot of people believed we could have that many social programs and an expansive welfare program and get people to believe its good for the economy and it wont be putting us in debt.

Somehow working class white Americans without college degrees thought putting a billionaire in the White House will somehow improve their situation, even though all the economic experts predicted his economic policies will actually end up hurting those jobs markets. For example, Donald forcing the US out of the TPP also shuts the US out of markets the agricultural industry depended on to sell all our excess grain. This plus his proposed crackdown on immigrants means the American agricultural industry is royally fucked. The same thing is going to happen in manufacturing because Trump fails to realize that having factories on US soil is irrelevant if you don't have markets for your products. And then there's Donald's war against science. Already he's issued gag orders on the EPA and the USDA and you better believe it won't stop there.

Even his executive orders have raised eyebrows among top Republicans, many of whom have commented that his orders are incredibly cryptic and nobody actually knows what they mean in terms of implementation. His Cabinet is chock full of idiots, half of whom do not even know the departments they are expected to lead. Donald has drained the swamp in DC and turned it into a total shitshow and I'd love to see somebody try to convince us otherwise.