1. Originally posted by RUMMY:... Assuming they do an AB30 in 1991 (and that is a big assumption, mind you), they should shelve the majority of those songs until then.

Good call.
  2. Originally posted by RUMMY:... Assuming they do an AB30 in 1991 (and that is a big assumption, mind you), they should shelve the majority of those songs until then.
    Let's hope this is the last of 30th year celebrations (until Pop, of course) and we get some new stuff instead.
  3. Originally posted by RUMMY:... Assuming they do an AB30 in 1991 (and that is a big assumption, mind you), they should shelve the majority of those songs until then.

Achtung Baby is my favourite album so I'd never complain at hearing any tracks from it really but if I was guaranteed every song in 2021 then I'd be able to accept there omissions.
  4. Beautiful Day and Vertigo need to be put to rest for a while imo
    Streets would be the best for the opener and mothers to finish
    the full 2hr set with :-)
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

Achtung Baby is my favourite album so I'd never complain at hearing any tracks from it really but if I was guaranteed every song in 2021 then I'd be able to accept there omissions.
    I made the original post and Achtung Baby is easily my favourite U2 albums and possibly my favourite from any band. I wouldn't complain if they played The Fly, UTEOTW, or even One but I still think "dancey" songs like MW and EBTTRT would benefit from a rest this tour. I won't mention the other seven songs since they are so rarely performed. But hey, if they want to break out Zoo Station, WGRYWH and the last three tracks of the album, be my guest!!!!

I just think if they were to do an "AB30" tour those songs would seem a little "fresher" (or is it "more fresh?") if they were left off this summer's setlists.
  6. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    I made the original post and Achtung Baby is easily my favourite U2 albums and possibly my favourite from any band. I wouldn't complain if they played The Fly, UTEOTW, or even One but I still think "dancey" songs like MW and EBTTRT would benefit from a rest this tour. I won't mention the other seven songs since they are so rarely performed. But hey, if they want to break out Zoo Station, WGRYWH and the last three tracks of the album, be my guest!!!!

I just think if they were to do an "AB30" tour those songs would seem a little "fresher" (or is it "more fresh?") if they were left off this summer's setlists.
    Yeah I absolutely agree with what your saying, especially about songs being fresher if the were left out for a bit.
  7. I feel like Achtung Baby has been getting a renaissance ever since the 20th anniversary during the 360 tour. I wouldn't be upset if they gave ALL the songs a rest on the upcoming tour. If they do that though, it means they drop everything post-JT, because there's no set where they have post 2000 songs without including End of the World, One, etc.
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I feel like Achtung Baby has been getting a renaissance ever since the 20th anniversary during the 360 tour. I wouldn't be upset if they gave ALL the songs a rest on the upcoming tour. If they do that though, it means they drop everything post-JT, because there's no set where they have post 2000 songs without including End of the World, One, etc.
    That would make sense - and I'd love it if were only 1980's stuff (and I'd be okay if they's include R&H stuff even if the songs are post-Joshua Tree). I still think they play one (literally "One") or two songs from AB plus four or so from the new millennium.

9. Heck, they even had a ZooTV segment during the encores of the Vertigo tour.
  10. Combing through this topic today to do a little "research"

My band has a few big headlining dates coming up - three of which will be before U2 debuts this tour. We'll probably model our setlists after theirs for the beginning of the tour, to play sets to appease people who aren't seeing the actual tour.

However...the format is totally up for grabs for these three shows. I know for our big headlining club show at the end of the month, we're going to walk out on stage and play JT all the way through to open the show. But I'd like to use the "5 songs from the 80s" warmup tactic for at least one of the other setlists we play, so I'm going to take a look at all the fan suggestions in this thread and put some ideas together.
  11. Originally posted by MattG:Combing through this topic today to do a little "research"

My band has a few big headlining dates coming up - three of which will be before U2 debuts this tour. We'll probably model our setlists after theirs for the beginning of the tour, to play sets to appease people who aren't seeing the actual tour.

However...the format is totally up for grabs for these three shows. I know for our big headlining club show at the end of the month, we're going to walk out on stage and play JT all the way through to open the show. But I'd like to use the "5 songs from the 80s" warmup tactic for at least one of the other setlists we play, so I'm going to take a look at all the fan suggestions in this thread and put some ideas together.
    Easy. In chronological order and with their logical rotation:

01 - Out Of Control / I Will Follow
    02 - Gloria
    03 - Sunday Bloody Sunday / New Year's Day
    04 - Pride
    05 - Bad
    into...
    06 - Streets