1. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    I'm sorry. I really am. Like I said I loved my 8 shows on I.E. tour. But I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the back tracking they did with the original idea of I.E. I just don't want to go through that again.
    No need to be sorry. I just don't think I've seen you on fire like this before! I love it.

You have a point: The fact that U2 sets are usually quite similar really does take the element of surprise away. However, I only have myself to blame for looking at those setlists in advance! I just can't help myself!

In any event, I very pumped for some 1980's U2 performances.
  2. Originally posted by EDDMB:[..]
    I expect the album in order..then a run of their "hits" and thats it....

maybe they will finally drop the oh so played out Mysterious Ways ? I doubt it , but one can dream lol
    Yes please. MW needs a rest. It's tired

3. I gotta admit that this would be just fine with me - and my wife, as I think she actually might be joining me this time around (first time since 2005, when we weren't even married).
    Originally posted by EDDMB:[..]
    maybe they will finally drop the oh so played out Mysterious Ways ? I doubt it , but one can dream lol

I'm definitely on board with this. Although I suppose I can't chose which hits they should drop (MW, BD, CoBL, and Vertigo) and which should stay (Pride, SBS, and IWF)
  4. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]

I gotta admit that this would be just fine with me - and my wife, as I think she actually might be joining me this time around (first time since 2005, when we weren't even married).
    [..]

I'm definitely on board with this.
    Wow look at the 3 of us on a u2 thread at the same time. I thought I clicked on the PJ thread by accident. Haha
  5. lol

Im mentally preparing for a PJ announcement....but all I got was EV singing tonight at the Farewell Address
  6. Originally posted by EDDMB:lol

Im mentally preparing for a PJ announcement....but all I got was EV singing tonight at the Farewell Address
    That was indeed a disappointing newsletter. I thought we were going to get a "double down" this week.

Hey, one of us needs to resurrect a certain thread!
  7. They SHOULD drop BD COBL and Vertigo along with Elevation and MW...its too predictable....play more classics like All I want Is You...Desire and what about New Years Day ??
  8. Originally posted by EDDMB:They SHOULD drop BD COBL and Vertigo along with Elevation and MW...its too predictable....play more classics like All I want Is You...Desire and what about New Years Day ??
    Yes please.
  9. Im listening to the SBD from Boston 09.17.87...was nice to see they actually switched some tunes around that evening....opening up with Bullet.....RTSS > NYD...no MLK before UF...

Id love to see the band release some shows from the "vault"..as a certain band from Seattle...the releases would be just endless classics...
  10. I think they should either do JT front to back (opening the show with Streets) and then a second set of hits, or more like what Roger Waters did for his Dark Side of the Moon tour: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/roger-waters/2007/rogers-centre-toronto-on-canada-3bd64480.html

Come out with some hits (they could even restrict the first "hits" set to really early songs ala I Will Follow, Out of Control, Gloria, Threw a Brick, etc.) play JT front to back, and then finish with more hits (rest of the 80s? more recent hits? etc.)
  11. Originally posted by EDDMB:Im listening to the SBD from Boston 09.17.87...was nice to see they actually switched some tunes around that evening....opening up with Bullet.....RTSS > NYD...no MLK before UF...

Id love to see the band release some shows from the "vault"..as a certain band from Seattle...the releases would be just endless classics...
    I was thinking that it would be sweet if the the fanclub release for this year was the pro-shot Tempe show that they have archived. You know, the one all these videos are from: https://www.google.ca/search?q=U2+tempe&oq=U2+tempe&aqs=chrome..69i57.647j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=U2+tempe&tbm=vid