2017-05-12 - Vancouver
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 6
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

I hate to have to disagree but I think the casual fans just need to accept it and learn to love the new track because it's a cracker. It sounds to me like a great final song, maybe Miss Sarajevo could be better placed but I really think it was an amazing show and a fantastic opening night. If the show I'm attending is of the same quality I'll be more than happy.

I understand. I have to state that I thinks it's just a real shitty 1-2 punch to end the show. Probably better to ease into the encore with those two songs. I just think it's a very anti climactic ending. Even for me as a die hard.
  2. Is there any bootlegs yet? Trying to access the U2start Mixlr online but just keep getting a blank page.

3. Yeah its not great He sounds so tired Really hurts me to say that. I dunno I want to love it so bad, but I flicked through the clips and I dunno just really feels like they have "gone to Vegas"....... I dont want to say that and maybe I need to just have a re-watch but dunno..... I am a younger fan how never seen them prior to 360..... Howefully I will warm up to it!!!!!

I do love the visuals and screen, and Bono with no glasses at some points!

RHMT- low point from the clips - hoepfully they work it out and less speak singing.
  4. Originally posted by hello123:[..]

Yeah its not great He sounds so tired Really hurts me to say that. I dunno I want to love it so bad, but I flicked through the clips and I dunno just really feels like they have "gone to Vegas"....... I dont want to say that and maybe I need to just have a re-watch but dunno..... I am a younger fan how never seen them prior to 360..... Howefully I will warm up to it!!!!!
    in a few songs some of the notes are not that great, but their not bad. doesn't seem tired though?? and i still think he's got it!
  5. I saw a comment from somebody who was at the gig saying the last half an hour the show just fizzled out as opposed to ending on a high.Interesting
  6. Because of my stream cutting out, I didn't know Edge broke a string in Streets...
  7. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:[..]
    in a few songs some of the notes are not that great, but their not bad. doesn't seem tired though?? and i still think he's got it!
    I've been a fan for awhile and saw them live first in 92. I agree with some of the performances lacking something. I believe he was playing it very safe not so much tired. He didn't push himself vocally and didn't really have much energy on stage compared to others. First night jitters maybe? I'm sure it will only get better. Band sounds great but Bono was singing behind the beat a lot which comes off as tired but I think it's more just being cautious.
  8. Hey friends no vertigo and we all lived...ticketmaster could have killed this show....time to show ticketmaster the door.
  9. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]

I understand. I have to state that I thinks it's just a real shitty 1-2 punch to end the show. Probably better to ease into the encore with those two songs. I just think it's a very anti climactic ending. Even for me as a die hard.
    +1

*even more for me as a die hard.
  10. Originally posted by revjisok:Hey friends no vertigo and we all lived...ticketmaster could have killed this show....time to show ticketmaster the door.
    Unfortunately, Ticketmaster is part of Live Nation.
  11. Bono looks uninspired in most of the clips I just watched of last night.

Hopefully it's just opening night nerves!

And hopefully his back feels alright....
  12. Originally posted by jasvan:[..]
    I've been a fan for awhile and saw them live first in 92. I agree with some of the performances lacking something. I believe he was playing it very safe not so much tired. He didn't push himself vocally and didn't really have much energy on stage compared to others. First night jitters maybe? I'm sure it will only get better. Band sounds great but Bono was singing behind the beat a lot which comes off as tired but I think it's more just being cautious.
    Yeah thats a fair call. You are right its just missing something.... I fell in love with U2 because of the soal passion and energy. I feel like thats a bit lacking cant put my finger on it. Trust me I am one of the biggest fans of my age hahaha

Maybe I am just upset because I never got to se them in their "prime" and my expectations are off but it does hurt me a bit ?