2017-05-12 - Vancouver
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 6
Videos: 1
  1. That picture really chokes me up, anyone else?

I know it's not meant to be sad, but I dunno, just the passing of time I guess
  2. Originally posted by Hoosier2012:So, I've got a lot of thoughts from last night's show...but first in my mind is...do the lyrics of the new song make anyone else think that the band is thinking about wrapping it up and calling it a career? I mean, this is how it ends...

"[...]
    Sometimes
    The end isn’t coming
    It’s not coming
    The end is here
    Sometimes"

Just taking the last lines to comment on.

As with poetry, lyrics are often open for multiple interpretations, depending on one's perspective. Here, when one read or hear, "the end is here sometimes," the whole song can be understood as a contemplation of ones own death. Especially when one matures and reach a certain age it's not a strange thing to do so because one comes to understand and feel that death is inevitable, sooner or later.
    It's even wise to think about these things, I think, because it is at the same time a discovery of the very essence of life, namely that it will end some day. Or, from another perspective, that life and death belong to each other. As such, "The end is here." (Or rather, already here).

To me it makes Bono even more credible to hear him ponder about his own death since he's honest about it and not pretending he is still in his twenties, or thirties - or, worse, thinks he lives forever.

I really like the fact that still so many young people are attracted to U2 and it's music, but for people like myself, who have been to the original JT shows back in '87, it is a perspective not entirely alien. It makes perfect sense as a song "of experience." At this point I wouldn't worry too much about them "wrapping it up" soon. As long as health will permit it, I think they will keep on going.

3. I hope so. I certainly haven't seen them nearly enough live. (Just once so far...and I've got tickets for 2 shows this year.)
  4. I must admit I did get those vibes, especially when they gathered together towards the very end of the song.

It has a a bittersweet feel to it, doubled with Edge's great guitar work, I myself couldn't erase the thought of "Are they telling us that the end of U2 in near"

Maybe after the release of SOE? I sure hope i'm completely wrong on this, i've only just really become hugely involved with the band from a casual listener, I really hope there a long way to go in their careers yet
  5. I know we're all excited with the beginning of the tour, but please people, abstain from asking about whether there are any bootlegs yet. Tapers are human, and they need their rest, spend hours editing stuff,e tc. I'm sure we will have plenty of sources to choose from. Rest assured, we will be uploading here these recordings as they appear.
    In the meantime, enjoy the ride and move on to other things.
  6. Sorry guys didn't get to record from mixlr
  7. Originally posted by georgemccauley:I must admit I did get those vibes, especially when they gathered together towards the very end of the song.

It has a a bittersweet feel to it, doubled with Edge's great guitar work, I myself couldn't erase the thought of "Are they telling us that the end of U2 in near"

Maybe after the release of SOE? I sure hope i'm completely wrong on this, i've only just really become hugely involved with the band from a casual listener, I really hope there a long way to go in their careers yet
    they always come together during certain songs, wouldn't think anything of it!
  8. last time i saw them was 2010..melbourne, 2 shows! the only 2 shows ive ever seen. you're lucky to see them on this tour
  9. Looking back on it, that was a killer opening night! I just think there needs to be one more song either before and/or after The Little Things - which is BEAUTIFUL, by the way. I was thinking OOC would be good to close with. The Joshua Tree songs all were great, the visuals were astounding, FULL NEW YEAR'S DAY , everyone sounding and looking tops.

Does anyone know what film was used prior to Exit?
  10. i did get a sad ending type vibe, as I'm in my 20's u2 has done ALOT of great stuff while i was just a baby/toddler so i could never go to the earlier shows/popmart etc. as they age it does kinda make me sad that their time may be coming to an end, but ill enjoy as much of upcoming u2 stuff as possible!
  11. I saw most of the video's. Great songs, what a setlist especially before the encore. They should end with "40" to my opinion. Put Bad before the JT songs. I like an opening with I will F or Out of C. Maybe Desire will fit also. Miss Saraevo was amazing, good video shots it says enough. Fantastic stage and screen. Exit, awesome what a song that is. The opening of Streets, the lights amazing. Running TSS is always good. ASOH, so glad it is finally in the show. Yes what an opening night. Can't wait for Amsterdam 1.