1. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    Yeh, from a fans point of view a staggered release would be great. Would definitely fill up the next 4 years if it looked something like this.

- U2 live Songs of Innocence and Experience (Summer 2019)
    - U2 Australia Tour (Winter 2019)
    - Joshua Tree DVD (Summer 2020)
    - EI DVD (Early 2021)
    - Achtung Baby anniversary release (late 2021)
    - U2 Album/Tour (2022)
    No thanks
  2. The idea of a staggered release, to that extent.

E+I 2021??
  3. Yeah you've got a good point. Of course releasing the JT and EI dvds 3 years after their tours isn't ideal. If they do tour this year then I wouldn't mind the staggered release stated above, but if they are actually "going away now" then you would bring everything forward.
  4. Do people really want another Achtung Baby anniversary release/tour? I really just don't see it happening, maybe a new DVD release..but I doubt it.

U2 hasn't taught you well if you really want them to dwell on the past that much, it's just not their thing. Not to mention I don't think they'd ever be able to top the last anniversary release for that album:
  5. I hope they discard a 2021 tour for AB.
  6. I definitely do not want an AB 30 tour. I think it is inevitable that they do some kind of re-release though.
  7. Ppl with no creativity dream up such redundant plans.
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Do people really want another Achtung Baby anniversary release/tour? I really just don't see it happening, maybe a new DVD release..but I doubt it.

U2 hasn't taught you well if you really want them to dwell on the past that much, it's just not their thing. Not to mention I don't think they'd ever be able to top the last anniversary release for that album:
    [image]
    I probably won’t buy a new release unless it’s something like the JT 2cd
    Edition with MSG, that was perfect not too expensive and plenty of live tracks. A dvd thrown in would be even better.
    I would be very surprised if they didn’t release something for the 30th anniversary. It probably will be live stuff thrown in as they didn’t offer any live stuff we didn’t already have with the last anniversary release, an early zoo tv show would make complete sense when they played more from the album than the Sydney release. As for the tour I definitely want that, can’t think of anything better than hearing Achtung baby in full.
  9. Amen
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I probably won’t buy a new release unless it’s something like the JT 2cd
    Edition with MSG, that was perfect not too expensive and plenty of live tracks. A dvd thrown in would be even better.
    I would be very surprised if they didn’t release something for the 30th anniversary. It probably will be live stuff thrown in as they didn’t offer any live stuff we didn’t already have with the last anniversary release, an early zoo tv show would make complete sense when they played more from the album than the Sydney release. As for the tour I definitely want that, can’t think of anything better than hearing Achtung baby in full.
    Yeah - I can definitely get into a new live release, that'd be awesome.

But I wonder if it'd be a sub-gift rather than an actual release.