1. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    I mentioned this a couple months ago. Why has no one asked them yet? I wouldn't expect them to ask it in an interview, as I doubt the interviewer would even know the song, but why hasn't a fan asked them during any meets? I personally think its either too hard on Bono's voice too sing, or its just too emotional for him.
    emotional is good! Let it go Bono! You're amongst friends here!
  2. When I think about it Timk68 did say over in the E&I general tour topic thread that it was a closer and they are playing 13 instead. Even though I personally feel little things could be played as a main set closer rather than the show closer to make room for both it and 13 perhaps Tim was on the money with what the band would give as a reason. Bono had said during TJT17 tour that the song was going to be the final track on the album so maybe the inclusion of 13(there is a light) not only knocked little things off final track of the album but also final track of the E&I shows.
  3. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    They will say their standard answer, it doesn't fit the narrative/show.

And I think they may be right. It's a long song, where to put it?

Plus, they already played it.

Plus, the song is the perfect bridge between Innocence & Experience thematically (thus made sense on TJT tour, but not later).
    5 mins is long song? 50% of their songs is 5 mins
    Long songs start at 7 mins up
  4. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    They will say their standard answer, it doesn't fit the narrative/show.

And I think they may be right. It's a long song, where to put it?

Plus, they already played it.

Plus, the song is the perfect bridge between Innocence & Experience thematically (thus made sense on TJT tour, but not later).
    Sure they've already played it. Guess every concert of theirs features brand new, never heard before songs. Can't play anything we've ever played before!
  5. I really think it is simply that it’s too much of an emotional song for him to sing. As we know Bono really needs to get physically inside a song to properly do it justice. It doesn’t get much heavier than this song lyrically especially towards the end.

I think that’s why they only played it a few times on JT last year and when they did it was the final song. I imagine it must be hard for Bono to get back into the right mindset after performing it.

I can’t remember where but I did read something earlier in the year alluding to this being the main reason.
  6. They are promoting SOE and they leave the best song on the album out of the setlist it doesn't make sense,RFD has also got shafted for ALBOY again a crazy decision 13 is a terrible song to finish the crowd were crying out for 40 last night credit for adding Achtung Baby and Zooropa songs but there is nothing to stop them adding a few more songs and inject a bit of spontaneity.
  7. I said this a while back but assuming there are future tours (which I do think there will be) I think this song, along with Love Is Bigger, might be the one to represent SOE. Probably wishful thinking, but it does make some kind of sense... skipping over this tour, because they’ve built a story that didn’t use it, but coming back later. Of course look how SOI fared...
  8. I wish they would have used it this time around, they could have fit it in somewhere. They road tested it during JT17, maybe they didn't like how it was performed, audience reaction, who knows...I don't think they'd skip it for an entire tour and come back to it, but I hope I'm wrong
  9. this song had potential to be a great single like Original of the Species
  10. I disagree about it being good single material actually. A few people I showed SoE to actually found Little Things to be one of the more boring songs, at least up until the big peak at the end. I think you need to be a U2 fan, need to hear that song in the context of knowing who they are (Bono specifically) and who they've been etc. to really get the full effect of it.

I think it's one of their best songs of late (speaking as a U2 fan), but I don't think it would've made for a good single. Original of the Species was not only much "catchier", but despite being about their daughters, it could easily be interpreted as being a romantic love song.