1. Randomly I’ve came to the realisation tonight that I prefer the live JT17 version of this to the album version. There’s nothing wrong with the album version, it’s great, but the live version just seems to have more of an effect on me.
  2. Real shame they aren’t playing this on this tour a top 5 U2 song and their best in 20 years. I think they’ve really improved the tour but it won’t be complete until this song is in there.
  3. Originally posted by POPmart07:Real shame they aren’t playing this on this tour a top 5 U2 song and their best in 20 years. I think they’ve really improved the tour but it won’t be complete until this song is in there.
    Agreed
  4. Such a great song, one of the best U2 songs of the last 30 years, a big shame that the song is not played this tour!!
  5. Fully agree. It's the first song i would add on the setlist from this album. Bono shows how vulnerable he is/was. Amazing song.
  6. Originally posted by POPmart07:Real shame they aren’t playing this on this tour a top 5 U2 song and their best in 20 years. I think they’ve really improved the tour but it won’t be complete until this song is in there.
    They couldn't wait to play it on the JT tour last year it's probably the best song on the album,bizzare that they've not played it on this tour a lot of casual fans who attend the gigs would probably be more inclined to buy SOE if they played it .
  7. Gave me goose-bumps hearing this on it's first outing in Vancouver and I cannot fathom how they have not found a spot for it in the e+i set list. To me, it would be a great song to start the encore with, particularly because of how it builds to a crescendo.
  8. Its omission from the setlist is bizarre. I hope in the near future someone is going to ask this question (WHY didn't you play it?) in an interview. Really curious to hear the answer to that one!
  9. Originally posted by u2joost:Its omission from the setlist is bizarre. I hope in the near future someone is going to ask this question (WHY didn't you play it?) in an interview. Really curious to hear the answer to that one!
    I mentioned this a couple months ago. Why has no one asked them yet? I wouldn't expect them to ask it in an interview, as I doubt the interviewer would even know the song, but why hasn't a fan asked them during any meets? I personally think its either too hard on Bono's voice too sing, or its just too emotional for him.
  10. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]
    I mentioned this a couple months ago. Why has no one asked them yet? I wouldn't expect them to ask it in an interview, as I doubt the interviewer would even know the song, but why hasn't a fan asked them during any meets? I personally think its either too hard on Bono's voice too sing, or its just too emotional for him.
    They will say their standard answer, it doesn't fit the narrative/show.

And I think they may be right. It's a long song, where to put it?

Plus, they already played it.

Plus, the song is the perfect bridge between Innocence & Experience thematically (thus made sense on TJT tour, but not later).
  11. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    They will say their standard answer, it doesn't fit the narrative/show.

And I think they may be right. It's a long song, where to put it?

Plus, they already played it.

Plus, the song is the perfect bridge between Innocence & Experience thematically (thus made sense on TJT tour, but not later).
    "It doesn't fit the narrative/show" ...... It does! It does! It does!

"It's a long song, where to put it? " ........... between One and LIBTAIIW. fits perfectly!

Plus, they already played it. ......... only a few times......