1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    You're not the first one pointing that out. Even during the Vancouver rehearsals where we could just listen to muddy stuff coming out of the BC Place, people could hear Mercy's ressemblance.

It still reminds me to something else which I still haven't been able to put my finger on yet.
    Same.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    You're not the first one pointing that out. Even during the Vancouver rehearsals where we could just listen to muddy stuff coming out of the BC Place, people could hear Mercy's ressemblance.

It still reminds me to something else which I still haven't been able to put my finger on yet.
    I'm hearing a bit of Winter in the guitar myself
  3. Im really curious what this song is about
  4. Well, I'll ellaborate.

About forming a band, going out there, loving your songs, starting to realize your songs aren't gonna save your life, starting to lose faith, and eventually breaking up.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Well, I'll ellaborate.

About forming a band, going out there, loving your songs, starting to realize your songs aren't gonna save your life, starting to lose faith, and eventually breaking up.
    Maybe it's a song more about doubts than actually breaking up. The use of the lyric 'sometimes' quite frequently suggest it's a feeling they can work through. In a sort of bizarre way there could be a bit of hope in there.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Maybe it's a song more about doubts than actually breaking up. The use of the lyric 'sometimes' quite frequently suggest it's a feeling they can work through. In a sort of bizarre way there could be a bit of hope in there.
    Must admit, I was getting those vibes too. Another example of the ambiguity of Bono's songwriting, you could easily fit this into all kinds of different situations and moments in your life
  7. Wasn't Lemon a song about breaking up too ? Here we are 25 years later
  8. Lemon? No, it's not. Among other things it might be about Bono's mum, but about breaking up?
  9. Still can't put my finger on what it sounds like. Shades of Oasis' Don't Go Away in the versus. Maybe it's just one of those songs that's good enough to sound like it has existed for some time already.
  10. "These are the days , when our work has come asunder
    These are the days , when we look for something other "