2017-05-17 - Santa Clara
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1
  1. You're welcome!

So,... Are people queuing already?
  2. Originally posted by maartenpetra:O.k. I didn't know that I make some fans angry about Popmart, that was not my idea. Whatever...it's U2. For me every tour they did and where I was attend made me happy.
    He man, don't worry about it, I was just pulling your leg!
  3. It's safe to say some will be queuing already, yes.

It's safe to say we know at least 50% of them by name
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

As if they cared about a few thousand dollars fine I think the only thing that can worry them a little bit about running over curfews is bad publicity.

Yeah I don't think the financial side will stop them at all, but your right the bad publicity could very well. The link about the curfew has comments at the bottom and everyone seemed to agree with the decision, if it was zoo tv era they'd maybe go against it but I can see them starting at 8 and finishing just before 10.
  5. So... no Bad or I Will Follow in Santa Clara then.
  6. I don't believe anyone is queuing yet, probably from later tomorrow or early Tuesday onwards.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    From everything I've read it looks like it, whether the band stick to it or not is another matter, might need to get the cheque book out though.

They've taken the hit several times already. U2 doesn't really care sometimes. But it would be good if the show starts a bit early!
  8. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

They've taken the hit several times already. U2 doesn't really care sometimes. But it would be good if the show starts a bit early!
    Poor Remy and his jet lag
  9. I hope they will play them. But yes, I think they will come up with MLK and maybe OOC or something like that.
  10. Some French lady screwed up my sleep cycle, after getting some jet-lag from Australia, but I've got 2 batteries fully charged and I'm gonna force myself to stay awake for the important bits this time.

11. Wow, didn't know that, got to be a fairly unusual thing to happen though. With the set not being a massively long one either, there's not much room to manoeuvre in terms of cutting things out really is there? They've got to do TJT in full or there will be a few irate people, and they have to do those lead in songs to build up to it.

Maybe they might cut some of the final songs, but again I don't see them doing that, especially considering ticket prices and all that, people expect 2 hours out of these things at those prices. I think they'll probably come on 45 minutes or so earlier than they have been doing maybe and go slightly over the curfew.

That 10pm thing could actually be a buffer thing to make sure no act ever goes beyond 10.30pm / 11pm.