2017-06-20 - Landover
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. Marco Rubio was in Miami. These are the guys Bono looks to recruit. Especially now.

(And you know he loved the Trump piece in Exit)
  2. Originally posted by Lobmans:[..]

Maybe they will put Magnificent in the setlist for Europe?
    I don't know how popular Magnificent was in US, but here in Belgium it was kind of a "big" radio hit, and it still gets some airplay so I think it could have a place in the encore. Maybe as closer instead of Vertigo, as it is their latest energetic radio hit?

I reckon Bono might talk about the 'magnificent' women of the world and use it in place of ultraviolet. He said something about women being mysterious to men I'm sure before mysterious ways so it's a similar type of change really.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

I reckon Bono might talk about the 'magnificent' women of the world and use it in place of ultraviolet. He said something about women being mysterious to men I'm sure before mysterious ways so it's a similar type of change really.
    I like the notion if switching up the 'woman' song with songs that could be about women!
  4. Next thing we know, they'll say women are The Sweetest Thing as a pretext to play it to death one more tour.
  5. And maybe they'll do a So Cruel snippet... or not.
  6. I hope not, magnificent wouldn't be so bad though at least we can't accuse them of over playing it. I think the message is forced with whatever song they do really, so im happy enough with ultraviolet but if they're going to replace it might as well be something a bit different.
  7. This comment itself is so cruel

I was honestly expecting a Thatcher reference in RHMT, either with a spoken reference by Bono or with the visuals. I wonder if they'll do it in London...
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    This comment itself is so cruel

I was honestly expecting a Thatcher reference in RHMT, either with a spoken reference by Bono or with the visuals. I wonder if they'll do it in London...
    Cruel is probably the most polite term a Scotsman could use to describe Margaret Thatcher but we'll leave it at that. If they're going to reference her RHMT would be the song and London the city for this tour at least.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Cruel is probably the most polite term a Scotsman could use to describe Margaret Thatcher but we'll leave it at that. If they're going to reference her RHMT would be the song and London the city for this tour at least.
    Because you're old enough to remember Maggie?

And I was referring to "a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"
  10. Nah to be fair I don't have a particular dislike for the woman, don't like some of the things she did and can't relate to just about anything I've seen or heard from her but I save dislike and hate for far worse people.

Is that not Tryin to throw your arms around the world your thinking of?