2017-06-26 - New York
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 3
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Great speech, I don't know why but as I was reading it I started remembering a bit from the zoo tv DVD. Obviously it was the night after Adam missed a u2 show for the one and only time. You wonder if there would be any tension between the members,but I remember seeing Bono look over at Adam with a smile I think during zoo station and it was strangely touching. It was like they were all up there enjoying themselves together and Bono's smile was almost like putting an arm round Adam. I might be reading too much into it but thats how I read the moment. Anyway the togetherness of this band is phenomenal it's what's kept them going so long and it's nice to think about Adam getting through the tough times with the support of the Edge, Larry and Bono.
    My GF recorded the entire speech on her phone. I should be able to post it later.

And it was an amazing speech.
  2. Here is a good video

3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Great speech, I don't know why but as I was reading it I started remembering a bit from the zoo tv DVD. Obviously it was the night after Adam missed a u2 show for the one and only time. You wonder if there would be any tension between the members,but I remember seeing Bono look over at Adam with a smile I think during zoo station and it was strangely touching. It was like they were all up there enjoying themselves together and Bono's smile was almost like putting an arm round Adam. I might be reading too much into it but thats how I read the moment. Anyway the togetherness of this band is phenomenal it's what's kept them going so long and it's nice to think about Adam getting through the tough times with the support of the Edge, Larry and Bono.

One of many things that makes U2 unique. They are a unit. When one man is done, they are all done. As U2 anyway.