2017-06-26 - New York
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 3
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    That's what I'm saying. I've already been watching youtube clips. it looks like it was a fantastic night!

I guess I shoulda put the definition of tribute up too!

What a great birthday event! I'd paid for that ticket if I lived in the area!

It really was a fantastic night. Adam's speech was amazing and he was very humble and grateful.

To hear songs like The Sweetest Thing, and All I want Is You, even as live covers, was pretty cool, especially since we probably won't hear them live from the real band ever again.
  2. Originally posted by phil_lebo:[..]
    [image]
    It really was a fantastic night. Adam's speech was amazing and he was very humble and grateful.

To hear songs like The Sweetest Thing, and All I want Is You, even as live covers, was pretty cool, especially since we probably won't hear them live from the real band ever again.
  3. Originally posted by phil_lebo:[..]
    [image]

Why wouldn't we hear them again? Both got some love on the last tour
  4. Just a feeling, or maybe my luck. I have two more shows this tour to heat ASOH. If I hear it at one of them, then I'll believe there are others I could hear.

You have to admit, the majority of the concerts play the same songs. Last tour was unique in that they stated they were going to change the show's set list every night, and even then, they repeated a lot of the same songs.

This tour is hard to add less popular songs. With TJT in the middle, and a pretty routine opening of 3-4 songs, there isn't much room to put other songs in. Sure I heard Mysterious Ways in Philly, but that's been on every tour since Zoo TV.

I'd love to be proven wrong though!!!
  5. Originally posted by phil_lebo:[..]
    [image]

I don't know about this tour but I'd be more than surprised if we never heard all I want is you again. The sweetest thing is less likely I guess but I wouldn't rule it out completely when they've probably got another 2 or 3 tours in them.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don't know about this tour but I'd be more than surprised if we never heard all I want is you again. The sweetest thing is less likely I guess but I wouldn't rule it out completely when they've probably got another 2 or 3 tours in them.
    Maybe when they start the next leg of the tour, they'll change it up?
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    And snippets don't count, either!
  8. Agreed.

I think the following songs would fit nicely in this tour and really change it up quite a bit:

Pre-Joshua Tree songs:
    - Two Hearts
    - Out of Control
    - A Day Without Me
    - Gloria

Post-Joshua Tree Songs
    - Magnificent
    - No Line on the Horizon
    - Discotheque
    - Please
    - Stuck In A Moment
    - Original of the Species
    - Miracle of Joey Ramone
    - California
    - Desire
    - All I Want Is you

Someone would have to check, but is this the first tour that they haven't played any songs from the previous album? Nothing from Songs of Innocence, which is a shame.
  9. Originally posted by phil_lebo:[..]
    Agreed.

I think the following songs would fit nicely in this tour and really change it up quite a bit:

Pre-Joshua Tree songs:
    - Two Hearts
    - Out of Control
    - A Day Without Me
    - Gloria

Post-Joshua Tree Songs
    - Magnificent
    - No Line on the Horizon
    - Discotheque
    - Please
    - Stuck In A Moment
    - Original of the Species
    - Miracle of Joey Ramone
    - California
    - Desire
    - All I Want Is you

Someone would have to check, but is this the first tour that they haven't played any songs from the previous album? Nothing from Songs of Innocence, which is a shame.
    Good and sad point. I&E Tour had just Magnificent in Amsterdam, which is not much, but it's something. This must be a first indeed.
  10. I think there's a possibility of at least 1 or 2 tour debuts in Europe and a very big possibility of some changes for the 3rd leg. I like the look of a lot of that list above but find only a few of them realistic unfortunately. All I want is you would definitely be one of the ones I'd consider realistic though.
  11. I agree I mean a full version of all I want is you is very likely at some point in the future.