2017-06-28 - East Rutherford
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Meh, I've said it before and I'll say it again - people should know what they're buying into when they buy a ticket for this show. It's like when people bought tickets for The Wall and were upset when Roger Waters didn't play any other PF hits. IT'S CALLED THE WALL TOUR.

How can the second half of the album "kill momentum" when everyone should know how the second half of the album goes? That just doesn't make any sense to me. I could sit for this entire show and be incredibly happy just hearing them perform it.

Plus, that criticism is bullshit anyway. Trip, God's Country, and Exit more than maintained the momentum, in fact those parts of the set were probably more interesting and fun to hear than the other songs, because we've all heard them so many times before.

This isn't a tour where U2 are pushing new ideas or some type of agenda, it's a celebration of an album we all already know and love.

If you don't like it, don't go. U2 JUST had a tour and album like that and by the sounds of it we'll have another next year.

Now that you mentioned it, how could "Exit" be both the highlight of show and momentum killer?
  2. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    That is so great to hear. I was feeling the same way. I'm getting more excited as my shows get closer. Heading to the beach to grab some surf then going to the show tonight. I'm getting excited...

You should be! It'll be great! And they always play so well in New York (or, well, the metro area?), too.
  3. To all the JT2017 veterans, I just want to confirm 3things. I have GA tonight and tmrw. All I need is ID abd the CC I used to enter? No ticket or anything. 9:00 is start time? And do you recommend staying near the b stage? Thanks!
  4. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:To all the JT2017 veterans, I just want to confirm 3things. I have GA tonight and tmrw. All I need is ID abd the CC I used to enter? No ticket or anything. 9:00 is start time? And do you recommend staying near the b stage? Thanks!
    1. Yes (although ID is never checked).
    2. Yes, U2 starts about 9.
    3. Yes! If doing one show for sure the b-stage is the best spot as it gives you a great screen view and band view. If doing several shows you don't want to miss out on the main stage where the band is 75% of the time.
  5. I have been with the boys since "I Will Follow" was released. Traveled many places to them. I have always felt like they were "on the fans side." This tour has me furious. Tonight I eat $400 because I have to work & I cannot even give my tickets away. This non transferable policy is a joke. And I do not care if it is the fan club or Ticketmaster. They had to agree to the contract. I have NEVER had a bad taste in my mouth about U2. Today they are on my S***list. Please guys get it together and realize what you are doing to certain fans. If someone is sick or the babysitter bails or if there is a work conflict, you are stuck. Not feeling the love on this tour. AT ALL!!!
  6. Originally posted by drumhead30:I have been with the boys since "I Will Follow" was released. Traveled many places to them. I have always felt like they were "on the fans side." This tour has me furious. Tonight I eat $400 because I have to work & I cannot even give my tickets away. This non transferable policy is a joke. And I do not care if it is the fan club or Ticketmaster. They had to agree to the contract. I have NEVER had a bad taste in my mouth about U2. Today they are on my S***list. Please guys get it together and realize what you are doing to certain fans. If someone is sick or the babysitter bails or if there is a work conflict, you are stuck. Not feeling the love on this tour. AT ALL!!!

Even if U2 had to agree to a contract, it's not their fault your schedule doesn't work out for you to see the show...that YOU bought tickets for...
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

Even if U2 had to agree to a contract, it's not their fault your schedule doesn't work out for you to see the show...that YOU bought tickets for...
    I agree that in this particular case you should ask for time off first and get it confirmed before forking out $400. The policy is also in place to make it more difficult for scalpers to make money out of reselling there tickets. The only issue I have is if someone gets sick and can't make it, that's unfair. I know with this system there's not really a way around it but imagine someone gets a serious life threatening illness and they're being refused a refund, doesn't look good does it.
  8. I had my credit card replaced so I am going with my old one that original bought the tickets with....TicketMaster will allow transfers to another CC but only on certain shows....can't wait to see tonights show....then onward to next shows Dublin and Amsterdam....
  9. ****Even if U2 had to agree to a contract, it's not their fault your schedule doesn't work out for you to see the show...that YOU bought tickets for...

Its is not about that. As Adult things change daily, and if I wanted to I cannot even give the tickets away. That is bullshit.
  10. Originally posted by drumhead30:****Even if U2 had to agree to a contract, it's not their fault your schedule doesn't work out for you to see the show...that YOU bought tickets for...

Its is not about that. As Adult things change daily, and if I wanted to I cannot even give the tickets away. That is bullshit.
    I am an adult, and I couldn't even take the day off, I had to book a flight and fly there AFTER work and it was stressful as hell.

I was just pointing out that it's not U2's fault, so being mad at them after 40 years is a little much. Be mad at the ticket companies. People can't have it both ways, it's either easy for ticket scalpers or more difficult. Exceptions can't be made for certain situations, it's either all or nothing. I'm sure there was a disclaimer when I bought my tickets saying "NO REFUNDS. NO TRANSFERS, etc.". And while at the time we all glanced over it and said "meh, nothing to worry about there" - it's there for this reason.
  11. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    I am an adult, and I couldn't even take the day off, I had to book a flight and fly there AFTER work and it was stressful as hell.

I was just pointing out that it's not U2's fault, so being mad at them after 40 years is a little much. Be mad at the ticket companies. People can't have it both ways, it's either easy for ticket scalpers or more difficult. Exceptions can't be made for certain situations, it's either all or nothing. I'm sure there was a disclaimer when I bought my tickets saying "NO REFUNDS. NO TRANSFERS, etc.". And while at the time we all glanced over it and said "meh, nothing to worry about there" - it's there for this reason.
    I just double checked my e-mail confirmation and it is pretty clear, right or wrong... it's there.