2017-07-08 - London
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 4
Videos: 1
  1. The actual figures on they pages look about right giving just over 110000 for the 2 u2 vertigo tour shows combined at Twickenham and over 164000 for the 2 360 shows at Wembley combined but the wording on the Twickenham page is incorrect stating Twickenham holds 110000 for concerts which would suggest a single night.
  2. This Alysha recording of London 1 is fantastic.
  3. Yes. The sound is clearer than it was at the gig!
  4. Originally posted by markreed:They will have chosen Twickenham for a reason : Twickenham has 82,000 seats + 28,000 standing on the floor witha concert maximum of 110,000

Wembley has 90,000 seats (15,000 unused for concerts) + 23,000 standing capacity.

Wembley's biggest draw is 98,000 for concerts. Twickenham around 110,000. It comes down to numbers and sales.
    Where do you get these "standing capacity" figures? Made up or some reliable source? I always thought it would be quite less, around the 10-12K mark, for most stadiums. Berlin last night was HUGE though, I wouldn't be surprised if there were over 15K in that GA field.
  5. London 2 by Alysha now in our show pages.

6. just uploaded most of my pics from the first show, so they can soon be seen in the gallery!
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Where do you get these "standing capacity" figures? Made up or some reliable source? I always thought it would be quite less, around the 10-12K mark, for most stadiums. Berlin last night was HUGE though, I wouldn't be surprised if there were over 15K in that GA field.
    20k + standing seems unfathomable!
  8. We said exactly the same thing! What works for Swing Low Sweet Chariot definitely doesn't work for The Joshua Tree!

9. GA was packed from front to back 20 years ago at the old Wembley.
  10. This is the first opportunity I have had to comment on the first Twickenham gig which I attended on 8th July.
    I was lucky enough, early enough, and determined enough to be one of the first 200 to get their hand stamped on Friday evening, which meant that if I was at the stadium at 6am on Saturday morning, I would get a wrist band and be one of the first 200 into the stadium.
    It was worth all the effort. Right at the front of GA.
    My expectations of this tour haven't really been very high. Maybe I have watched too many average videos, with poor sound, or maybe, just maybe, the crowds in the USA are once again just too much into their phones and hot dogs to have a good time.
    Put all three together and I went into the gig hoping I wouldn't be disappointed. I need not have worried!
    Put simply, U2 were on fire, the audience was on fire, and when that happens, it just 'goes off' in a way that I have rarely experienced with any other band.
    I cried, during bad, and I probably cried a few more times on the night too. I saw U2 in away that I haven't seen them before. I can't put my finger on what it was, but to those who think there is anything wrong with Bono, or for that matter Edge, Larry or Adam.......then you are sadly mistaken (in my eyes anyway).
    Roll on Dublin. I may not have the best seats there, but, pound for pound, when you have just seen your best U2 gig to date (and that was my 16th), it really doesn't matter. I just want to go there, it's all I can do.
  11. Listening back to the bootleg of show 1, really was an unbelievable night, I'm actually quite sad it's over. Grateful I've been at all but sad at the same time, compared to all the u2 gigs I've been to this one felt more special some how. It's funny Achtung baby is my favourite album but The Joshua Tree takes me on a completely different journey, Achtung Baby is all about the music for me, TJT has a sentimentality about it that brings out completely different emotions in me. Anyway just an amazing night, I've already commented on it but it's worth commenting again.
  12. Hard to believe that this time last week I was packing my bag ready to leave for London.