2017-08-01 - Brussels
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 3
Videos: 2
  1. Er is maar 1 wachtrij in Brussel
  2. Plenty of U2 fans on the first train from London !

Having experienced security at London and Amsterdam has anyone any idea what it will really be like in Brussels. Amsterdam was much stricter than London which given recent UK events was surprising.

Again given Brussels recent experience I could expect tighter still.

So rucksacks...ok in London but not Amsterdam, what about Brussels ?

Bridge cameras (non-SLR)...managed to enter in Amsterdam but Brussels says no cameras ?
  3. Originally posted by Edi:Plenty of U2 fans on the first train from London !

Having experienced security at London and Amsterdam has anyone any idea what it will really be like in Brussels. Amsterdam was much stricter than London which given recent UK events was surprising.

Again given Brussels recent experience I could expect tighter still.

So rucksacks...ok in London but not Amsterdam, what about Brussels ?

Bridge cameras (non-SLR)...managed to enter in Amsterdam but Brussels says no cameras ?
    Think there's a video a few pages back about sercurity.
  4. Thanks Hans...at least rucksacks are ok...but a liquids check is like airports.

Small Camera could be an issue, took me 2 attempts at Amsterdam and although the pix are good I was at the limit. Hoping for better at Brussels because of the sideways layout.

Are you travelling from Amsterdam or UK Hans ?
  5. Originally posted by Edi:[..]
    Thanks Hans...at least rucksacks are ok...but a liquids check is like airports.

Small Camera could be an issue, took me 2 attempts at Amsterdam and although the pix are good I was at the limit. Hoping for better at Brussels because of the sideways layout.

Are you travelling from Amsterdam or UK Hans ?
    I travelled from Amsterdam yesterday; thought I would try to see a bit of Brussels before the show. Feeling a bit worse for wear today mind........
  6. This is great !

Originally posted by Lobmans:[..]
    I suppose you don't live in Belgium and will stay in a hotel in the city? In that case best solution will be the metro. Metro will leave every 5 minutes the first 1-2 hours after the concert so no problem to go back to the city centre!
    There will also be taxi's, but they will be stuck in the traffic jam so metro will be a lot faster. Good to know: with the barcode on your concert ticket, you can have a free "event pass" for the metro at all ticket machines of "MIVB" (the company of the metro traffic in Brussels):

An Event Pass can be obtained at the GO-vending machines 3 days before an event. As soon as the Event Pass has been delivered, the code will be deactivated.

The Event Pass is compulsory. In case of a ticket inspection, you need to present your Event Pass together with your concert ticket.

Register at one of our GO automatic vending machines in all our underground stations and at the most important aboveground stops;
    Select "EVENT PASS" on the screen;
    Enter your 9 digit code (which you can find on your ticket voucher);
    You will receive your "EVENT PASS"

https://www.stib-mivb.be/article.html?_guid=30fa3e16-098e-3410-a38a-c8fdc3647d64&l=en
  7. hope it' will be best concert of the tour with some specials surprises and announcements, have fun all of you
  8. La ligne de métro 6 vous y conduit directement. Mieux encore, elle est renforcée : entre 17h et 20h30, un métro toutes les 5 minutes vers le Heysel, ainsi qu’entre 23h et 0h30 après le concert pour le retour vers le centre-ville.

Les lignes de métro 1 et 5 circulent elles aussi plus tard afin de donner correspondance avec le dernier métro venant du stade, et ce dans toutes les directions.

La station Roi Baudouin est fermée à partir de 14h.

Google translate:

The metro line 6 takes you directly to it. Better still, it is reinforced: between 5 pm and 8:30 pm, a metro every 5 minutes to the Heysel, and between 11 pm and 0:30 am after the concert to return to the city center.

Subway lines 1 and 5 also circulate later in order to correspond with the last metro coming from the stadium, and this in all directions.

The Roi Baudouin station is closed from 14h.
  9. I had not realised it was Heysel stadium by another name. Bad connotations for people of a certain age.
  10. Originally posted by iTim:La ligne de métro 6 vous y conduit directement. Mieux encore, elle est renforcée : entre 17h et 20h30, un métro toutes les 5 minutes vers le Heysel, ainsi qu’entre 23h et 0h30 après le concert pour le retour vers le centre-ville.

Les lignes de métro 1 et 5 circulent elles aussi plus tard afin de donner correspondance avec le dernier métro venant du stade, et ce dans toutes les directions.

La station Roi Baudouin est fermée à partir de 14h.

Google translate:

The metro line 6 takes you directly to it. Better still, it is reinforced: between 5 pm and 8:30 pm, a metro every 5 minutes to the Heysel, and between 11 pm and 0:30 am after the concert to return to the city center.

Subway lines 1 and 5 also circulate later in order to correspond with the last metro coming from the stadium, and this in all directions.

The Roi Baudouin station is closed from 14h.
    ...but the station is closed from 14.00 ? ...maybe that Miranda the overground station ?
  11. Bloody predictive text !

Miranda=means !