1. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:These moments have all been amazing to listen to, thanks to all for sharing!

I have to say, I think my favourite period for Bono's voice is 2004-2011. The Vertigo tour is really interesting, his voice had a really raspy feel to it in almost every song (to the point where you think he might break at any moment)...yet he still nails the vast majority of the high notes. Bad from that tour was brilliant and in 2006 he was incredible.

MW being played half a step higher is really interesting too, he really soars there. Am I right in thinking 'she moves WITH IT' is a b4? Really impressive given how it was often played late in the show back then.
    I agree. 5th leg of the Vertigo Tour he was amazing!
  2. Originally posted by giovannibrunoro:I never write, as I don't have much time. Anyway, my humble opinion is that this man should start undergoing serious vocal coaching. A dear friend of mine is one of the best sopranos (bel canto) in Italy and she told me that the best vocal teachers are these ladies https://www.newvoicestudio-brilla-paglin.com/?lang=it
    They restored the voice of so many singers (both classical and pop/rock) that their skills are appreciated all over the world. My friend told me that Bono needs lessons, because his vocal chords are suffering...

It's a different genre. Also Bono could out Fat Lady her anyway.

3. I was intrigued by the uteotw at the start of the clip. Any ideas where it is from? It sounds amazing!
  4. Would you all be happier if he ended up sounding like Axl Rose?
  5. I am not talking about genre, but about fundamentals of technique, which are basically the same everywhere. These teachers taught many pop artists... with great results.
  6. Don’t you think Bono does a little bit of vocal warm up ~ practice before a tour? He certainly does. I also believe vocal coaching is an option he could consider (we don’t know if he does or doesn’t do it), but so far he’s been performing great with whatever he’s still got in him. He’s f ucking Bono, this man is a beast of vocals. At every tour I’m amazed by how he can deliver. So far, whatever he’s doing to prepare himself for the tours, he’s doing right. I’m sure there are consultants in the U2 crew who are there to help Bono if it’s needed.
  7. Vertigo had some highlights, 1st leg in Us his voice was in good form, the stadium Europe tour was not that god.
    He was hoarse alot on tha leg.

On 3rd leg his voice was top notch, 4ht leg he was worse than on 2nd leg.
    5th leg was amazing
  8. I love his voice on this one, he nails the notes
  9. Originally posted by giovannibrunoro:[..]
    I am not talking about genre, but about fundamentals of technique, which are basically the same everywhere. These teachers taught many pop artists... with great results.
    You’re catching flack for these posts and I don’t think it’s deserved. He could certainly use improvements and “he’s fucking Bono!!!” is a silly response.

Interesting content and thanks for sharing it!