1. Loved his delivery here
  2. This show is a very good example of good shape Bonos voice was black in 2015.
    So clean, well controlled, better pitch, better stamina....
    WLCTT is superb and spot on!

And the end of Miracle Drug is wow.
  3. And ofcourse one of the best shows on the tour
    I don't care if he mess up the beginning of WTSHNN, this is my favorite version of the song. Why doesn't he sing this song like this more often?
    WOWY on this show is very emotional and the With Or Without Youuuuuiu is how it should sound.

4. In 2015 all of U2 was better.
  5. Originally posted by Peterrrrr:And ofcourse one of the best shows on the tour
    I don't care if he mess up the beginning of WTSHNN, this is my favorite version of the song. Why doesn't he sing this song like this more often?
    WOWY on this show is very emotional and the With Or Without Youuuuuiu is how it should sound.

[YouTube Video]

@LikeASong
  6. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    yes, but also EBTTRT is a good comparison to Zoo TV. I think on some shows it still sounded very crisp, not very different from the end of Zoo TV. Also many shows where it sounded a little hoarse already and also some where he couldn't make it there even more..

ZOOtv was falsetto city...look at EBTTRT , MW & Lemon from Sydney for starters
  7. Originally posted by EridescoFly:[..]
    It sounded better as the PopMart tour went on, I also noticed he put a different pronunciation on 'you're the real thing', eg, 'cho the real thing' etc. Also the falsetto crescendo at the end of Gone was strong.

2nd night in San Diego sounded pretty could already... still singing 'you're the real thing' there.. in Las Vegas he had quite a bit of trouble hitting the falsetto.
  8. that's true.. but they were talking about best falsetto's since Zoo TV.. clearly that honour should go to PopMart.
  9. I meant more that his "golden age" of falsetto was roughly between '89 and '95. That's when he did (even for singing critics) some pretty impressive vocals in falsetto.

From popmart onwards he could (sometimes) still sing in a (decent) falsetto, we could post loads of videos to prove that.

But that sheer, flat-out control/sharpness/range "Fat Lady" falsetto was gone after '95. Reckon Your Blue Room is the last proper I geuss, on Pop there's a bit here and there but not as strong.
  10. Originally posted by melon51:I meant more that his "golden age" of falsetto was roughly between '89 and '95. That's when he did (even for singing critics) some pretty impressive vocals in falsetto.

From popmart onwards he could (sometimes) still sing in a (decent) falsetto, we could post loads of videos to prove that.

But that sheer, flat-out control/sharpness/range "Fat Lady" falsetto was gone after '95. Reckon Your Blue Room is the last proper I geuss, on Pop there's a bit here and there but not as strong.
    I know what you mean with the Fat Lady falsetto, but not sure if Your Blue Room was one of them.. also recorded in the studio.. I think the falsetto's on the Pop album just sound as good..
    to me it seems like EBTTR is the only good comparison.. other songs and falsetto's were dropped but also new ones added.. and yeah, it's sounds a bit tinier on PopMart and is certainly is less consistent over the whole tour, but on some versions (of EBTTRT) you can't barely notice a difference with Zoo TV. To me it seems like it just faded over the years (with Sarajevo maybe the biggest hurt).. on Elevation tour the falsetto was mainly gone.. (they played EBTTRT a couple of times on the first leg I think (without falsetto) and also Gone was different) even on with or without you he had troubles with it.
  11. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    I know what you mean with the Fat Lady falsetto, but not sure if Your Blue Room was one of them.. also recorded in the studio.. I think the falsetto's on the Pop album just sound as good..
    to me it seems like EBTTR is the only good comparison.. other songs and falsetto's were dropped but also new ones added.. and yeah, it's sounds a bit tinier on PopMart and is certainly is less consistent over the whole tour, but on some versions (of EBTTRT) you can't barely notice a difference with Zoo TV. To me it seems like it just faded over the years (with Sarajevo maybe the biggest hurt).. on Elevation tour the falsetto was mainly gone.. (they played EBTTRT a couple of times on the first leg I think (without falsetto) and also Gone was different) even on with or without you he had troubles with it.
    The intressting thing is that the strongest falsetto on EBTTRT on Popmart was in Sarajevo....

17:44 in the video