1. The Mtv performence of EBW is to me one of Bonos best performence ever!
  2. It is on the official U2 channel. #verfiedglasgow
  3. Despite all the rhythm&tempo issues, specially on the first couple of verses? And the messed up second "are we ready to be swept off our feet?" (2:53)?

The performance is BRILLIANT but mainly because of the string quartet and the strong cescendo with Larry joining in at the end.

PS. It's Glasgow, period!
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Despite all the rhythm&tempo issues, specially on the first couple of verses? And the messed up second "are we ready to be swept off our feet?" (2:53)?

The performance is BRILLIANT but mainly because of the string quartet and the strong cescendo with Larry joining in at the end.

PS. It's Glasgow, period!
    I think it adds an emotion to the performence "are we ready to be swept off our feet?", the band might have played it better but to me Bono have never sang it better after this performence.
    Not only the high notes, but also the emotion and feeling is out of this world

Second best version is the Jools Holland version
    California on that show is aslo superb when it comes to the vocals
    I love the sound in Bonos voice on Volcano
  5. I wonder what his voice would have sounded like if they did a second song at the EMAs?
  6. Jools Holland performances are remarkably strong by the way..

7. talking about the falsetto; don't you guys forget about PopMart? Gone, EBTTRT, Please, Distcotheque...
  8. Indeed, the classic Please into Streets moment...
  9. yes, but also EBTTRT is a good comparison to Zoo TV. I think on some shows it still sounded very crisp, not very different from the end of Zoo TV. Also many shows where it sounded a little hoarse already and also some where he couldn't make it there even more..
  10. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    yes, but also EBTTRT is a good comparison to Zoo TV. I think on some shows it still sounded very crisp, not very different from the end of Zoo TV. Also many shows where it sounded a little hoarse already and also some where he couldn't make it there even more..
    It sounded better as the PopMart tour went on, I also noticed he put a different pronunciation on 'you're the real thing', eg, 'cho the real thing' etc. Also the falsetto crescendo at the end of Gone was strong.