1. Originally posted by guykirk9:It's weird because if you hear Bono talk today he actually thinks his voice has improved over the years. He will say he can't listen to the original JT shows with him singing because he hates it, even though it's amazing.

It's the tone. Original JT shows were kind of basic, to my mind.
  2. He said something about having lessons on how to sing RHMT recently, especially the re-release, I can't remember where I heard it now. Is it possible because of that, whoever gave him lessons has meant that his singing has changed this tour?

In my opinion, and I'm no expert by any means, I thought he sounded very good in the I+E tour. In fact 360 and I+E vocally are similar to me. The TJT seems as though his style has definitely changed, whether it is deliberate via different technique to sing the songs, I'm not certain. Whatever the case, it sounds like for TJT he is doing the opposite of what he learnt to do with his voice in 360 and I+E tours.
  3. I don't think he's a lazy vocalist at all, Jesus he still belts out most songs with full gusto , just maybe the key has changed .
  4. Originally posted by u2opra:He said something about having lessons on how to sing RHMT recently, especially the re-release, I can't remember where I heard it now. Is it possible because of that, whoever gave him lessons has meant that his singing has changed this tour?

In my opinion, and I'm no expert by any means, I thought he sounded very good in the I+E tour. In fact 360 and I+E vocally are similar to me. The TJT seems as though his style has definitely changed, whether it is deliberate via different technique to sing the songs, I'm not certain. Whatever the case, it sounds like for TJT he is doing the opposite of what he learnt to do with his voice in 360 and I+E tours.
    When they played NYD in Vancouver i knew Bono can't sing it in the original key anymore...just like every band the singer reaches a point, i believe Bono was it his best vocally and technically in 2009/11 which is amazing to see so late in his singing life at 50 years old, He's still good now from the videos i've seen (better live ,since i have not seen this tour live) but in the next 5/6 years i believe its going to get A lot worse. I hope im wrong about that and he takes some leason's or rethinks his diet or something
  5. He's adapted songs to suit his voice nowadays , NYD being a classic example where he holds back a bit then delivers power
    "Maybe the time is right
    Ooooh maybe tonight "
  6. Also, if you check out ASOH from Chicago 2, his vocals are precise as fuck.
  7. Does anybody remember Bono with Pavarotti...in Modena....good voice but he looked Like he had only a couple of days to live
    I think it was 1995
  8. Originally posted by Fly40:Does anybody remember Bono with Pavarotti...in Modena....good voice but he looked Like he had only a couple of days to live
    I think it was 1995
    Yeah I remember that
  9. What do you think?
  10. Can you see it?