1. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Both are Bes, so 1,5 note below his C# highest live (in chest voice). He did that on a few occasions, few times on Even Better in '92 and a few Bad/Never Tear Us Apart snippets in '97
    Thanks!
  2. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Both are Bes, so 1,5 note below his C# highest live (in chest voice). He did that on a few occasions, few times on Even Better in '92 and a few Bad/Never Tear Us Apart snippets in '97

Montpellier 1997 on Wide Awake snippet in AIWIY
  3. Yes, + Mexico. And ZooTV Detroit and Milan, both '92. In this Milan version Larry is epic too, you can even see him shouting in the pre-chorus

4. Is there a thread here that's called 'Larry's drumming' btw? B hits the high C# here, but for me Larry really steals the show here. So groovy and driving
  5. The first time I heard this I remember having a jaw drop experience (especially around the 1:17 mark);

6. Isn't it true that the "best" singers aren't always the most memorable vocalists?

Among the most memorable/important vocalists in the rock era I would absolutely include John Lennon, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, and Lou Reed. None of them have pretty voices or amazing vocal technique.

Bono is number one for me when I think of rock vocalists in my lifetime. No one has moved me as much with their singing.

And it's pretty clear that he has been studying singing for a while now. His technique is so much better and he's able to achieve more subtlety along with a less forced power these days. The best Bono voice for me will always be from about 88-93. There were some pretty dark days over the next couple of decades. But I find his current voice extremely pleasing and soulful, ravaged as it is.
  7. Originally posted by dstankie:Isn't it true that the "best" singers aren't always the most memorable vocalists?

Among the most memorable/important vocalists in the rock era I would absolutely include John Lennon, Bob Dylan, Bob Marley, and Lou Reed. None of them have pretty voices or amazing vocal technique.

Bono is number one for me when I think of rock vocalists in my lifetime. No one has moved me as much with their singing.

And it's pretty clear that he has been studying singing for a while now. His technique is so much better and he's able to achieve more subtlety along with a less forced power these days. The best Bono voice for me will always be from about 88-93. There were some pretty dark days over the next couple of decades. But I find his current voice extremely pleasing and soulful, ravaged as it is.

Agree 100% with all of this.
  8. It's impressive, but that recording is sped up + a semitone higher (A) than how it was played (Ab), so a bit misleading. Only during Popmart they played it in A, all other tours were in Ab like the original record.
  9. This is crazy good. @germcevoy you'll enjoy this