Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. ooops..
    I didn't like the reply.....goodbye or new start...
  2. watch the last view minutes. the interviwer asked for confirmation whether this album is not a goodbye but a new start, and bono just went on saying thanks, play some more of that JT stuff.

the none answer to that gives me chills, and not good ones.
  3. They probably want to see how this album does before calling it a day.

The question is, will a failure of a release make them come back to ensure they leave on a high note? Or be confirmation to them that they're done?

Same question if the album succeeds. Will they take it as "they still like us, let's keep going"? Or "let's finish here on a high note"?
  4. I feel sick
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:They probably want to see how this album does before calling it a day.

The question is, will a failure of a release make them come back to ensure they leave on a high note? Or be confirmation to them that they're done?

Same question if the album succeeds. Will they take it as "they still like us, let's keep going"? Or "let's finish here on a high note"?
    After SOI was released, Bono said that he would have been satisfied if NLOTH was their last. NLOTH was not a big commercial success, but Bono still holds the album in high regard (and rightly so, in my opinion). So, we just don't know. With the years passing, the moment of the last song/album/tour/ will come closer, but we don't know if they have any plans and even if they have, they will probably not tell us (yet). REM's last album had some hints on it in retrospect, but they did not tell their audience sometime after the release.
  6. Originally posted by flowerchild:[..]
    watch the last view minutes. the interviwer asked for confirmation whether this album is not a goodbye but a new start, and bono just went on saying thanks, play some more of that JT stuff.

the none answer to that gives me chills, and not good ones.
    He said paint some more Joshua Tree stuff, while the DJ is also a painter...
    And yes, very true, a little weird interview for sure...
  7. On the " General discussione" thread of SOE
    WelshEdge reported an interview about this album
    Go and check.then go on talkin
    That scared me
  8. Bono probably just meant that he knows that they can't keep doing this forever, so he wants to make sure that from here on out he writes each album like it's his last. Like how they say to tell your loved ones you love them in case it's the last time you see them.
  9. It Sounds Like a goodbye?
    Or a farewell?