1. Originally posted by MattG:I'm listening to some old performances of Bad after seeing it was omitted last night, and went back to my first live Bad (I&E Chicago 2015)

I remember thinking this in the moment, and now that I'm watching it again I have the same thought - that goddamn dog whistle in the chorus ruins the entire emotional impact of the song. I tried not to be such a sourpuss in the moment and managed to enjoy the hell out of Bad, but I couldn't even make it through this video.

[YouTube Video]

I'm sure we've had the discussion before, but is there anything we can do to relay to Terry that he needs to shut the fuck up during Bad? The Edge has done just fine without the ear-piercing howl of a synthesizer backing him up during the payoffs. I don't remember it being nearly as awful during the TJT shows I saw in the US, but those were outdoors and 3x the size of an arena so maybe the sound isn't as disturbing.

Notice how you can barely hear the band during the "not fade away" chorus.

It really grinds my gears! When the snippet that precedes Bad is the best part of its whole performance, you need to start re-tracing your steps.

/rant
    The whistle is pure rubbish, and yes they've completely lost the plot in terms of the mix volume for it
  2. Originally posted by wheelie99:[..]

I was at both of these shows. The Glasgow show in particular was outstanding. The Hereos snippet was brilliant in London but Glasgow just edges it for me. Best gig ive ever seen, the atmosphere was electric.
    I was at both Glasgow shows and the first night was amazing but the second night!!! Man, it just took off! There was a special atmosphere right from the off - the gig was electric. You had to be there
  3. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:[..]
    I was at both Glasgow shows and the first night was amazing but the second night!!! Man, it just took off! There was a special atmosphere right from the off - the gig was electric. You had to be there
    Yeah i was at both Glasgow shows as well on that tour and they were good , but i remember seeing The Unforgetale Fire Tour in 84 at The Glasgow Barrowland Ballrooms - both nights - 2,000 capacity venue - and they are on that tour in my opinion the best and ultimate live versions of Bad live . You could feel the whole building shaking . :
  4. Originally posted by StevieC66:[..]
    Yeah i was at both Glasgow shows as well on that tour and they were good , but i remember seeing The Unforgetale Fire Tour in 84 at The Glasgow Barrowland Ballrooms - both nights - 2,000 capacity venue - and they are on that tour in my opinion the best and ultimate live versions of Bad live . You could feel the whole building shaking . :
    Wow, these gigs were truly historic. But Bad wasn't as epicly received by the audience as it has been in recent times, right? I vividly remember the crowd roar when it started in Amsterdam4.

5. <3
  6. I believe that they have the film (35mm) still. Many band are released yours shows in blu-ray like Queen (Montreal-81), Stones (Many shows since 70´s). I would like that U2 make the same.
  7. 1986-06-15 East Rutherford
    Chicago 1987
    Dublin 1993
    Popmart 98
    Rome 2010
    Pittsburgh 2011
  8. It's been around since 2001, and it's a bit annoying but doesn't really ruin the song imo (unless it's too loud, which it has been before)